• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

opinions on a trade

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eobard

Give me a break Senior
One of my wife's brothers has a chance to trade in his old XBOX (not 360) for a laptop and wants to know if it's worth the trade. The laptop is a Dell insperon with a 1.9ghz chip (no idea what kind) 256meg ram, 10gig drive, DVD ROM. I know the info I've provided is pretty sparse but its all I've got so far. Any thoughts?

I'd stick with the XBox. This is of course unless he already owns the 360 or another console he prefers. That's me though, I don't know, from a price standpoint, if the trade is worth it or not.

I should have added he does also have a 360. I don't have either, I don't console game myself, so I'm out of the loop from a "ability to give an informed price/value comparison" standpoint in this situation.

eobard said:
I should have added he does also have a 360. I don't have either, I don't console game myself, so I'm out of the loop from a "ability to give an informed price/value comparison" standpoint in this situation.
How old is said laptop? It sounds like it is a good 5 years old...

sounds like a rather fair trade. i'd just run some diags on the lappy to see if it was on it's way out (HDD, etc.). yeah, a used xbox in good condition is about $75ish, might be able to get $100.

I'd say it's fair. Just pump a little more RAM into that lappy and he's got something worthwhile I'd say, and seeing as he has an Xbox 360 as well, he won't be missing out on anything unless he plays games that have not been given a compatibility update.

Unless he's going to mod the XBOX into an htpc or so (probably not a bad idea actually), a bit of cheap PC2700 RAM and a small 7200-rpm hdd for the laptop won't run him much on newegg. He probably should keep any xbox games though if possible since he could re-sell those on craigslist to pay for the new parts.

If he's not using the XBOX and the laptop tests well (hdd/ram/lcd), then why not?

Last edited:
Back