• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game Resolutions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BLOOP!

I dont know if i should post this here or in the games section, anyway i have problems with my games screen resolutions. I installed sparta and SCDA and there isnt any resolution for 16:10 I'm sure there was when i was using an X1800XT. Also in SCDA character models isnt showing only their gears and accessories. :confused:

I'm on XP right now and usign official drivers. 158.22

Thanks! :)

UglyChild said:
Your Dell monitor is a none wide monitor, just a regular 4:3. Thus you wont get 16:10 in any games.
no it's a 20.1" ws monitor with 1680x1050 res

You linked the 2007fp. His sig says 2007fpw. My thinking is that he probably meant the 2007wfp which is the 20.1 inch widescreen that does 1680x1050.

UglyChild said:
The Dell™ UltraSharp™ 2007FP 20.1-inch Flat Panel LCD Monitor redefines the performance of LCD displays with a stylish design and advanced functionality. The monitor offers resolution of up to 1600x1200 pixels.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-4687
i copy and pasted his monitor from his sig into google and it came up with a 20.1 widescreen @ 1680x1050. i would assume the w inthe model number is for widescreen

jaymz9350 said:
i copy and pasted his monitor from his sig into google and it came up with a 20.1 widescreen @ 1680x1050. i would assume the w inthe model number is for widescreen

Your right. It is wide screen. I missed that W.
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...=us&category_id=4009&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&x=0&y=0

Bloop.

Uninstall your ATI and Nvidia drivers. Then use Driver Cleaner Pro to remove all your previous ATI Drivers. Reboot and do a clean install for Drivers again. Hopefully that solves the problem.

Sorry I've been too busy finding my max clock and totally forgot.

anyway, yes its a widescreen (20.1" at 1680 x 1050). This is a fresh install since I got my new card and mobo. So I dont have any of the old ATI drivers.

I doubt it, but could it be my oc? This card oc's like mad, its at 650/2200 see here at page 2. Been playing with those clocks and its pretty stable, doesnt seem to have any problems.

I dont know if its going to change anything but should I install the monitors cd/drivers? XP's display properties recognizes it correctly already. My other games are fine, CS:S, AOE3, and C&C Tiberium Wars.

I'm going try some older drivers tonight.

Thanks guys! :)

BLOOP! said:
Sorry I've been too busy finding my max clock and totally forgot.

anyway, yes its a widescreen (20.1" at 1680 x 1050). This is a fresh install since I got my new card and mobo. So I dont have any of the old ATI drivers.

I doubt it, but could it be my oc? This card oc's like mad, its at 650/2200 see here at page 2. Been playing with those clocks and its pretty stable, doesnt seem to have any problems.

I dont know if its going to change anything but should I install the monitors cd/drivers? XP's display properties recognizes it correctly already. My other games are fine, CS:S, AOE3, and C&C Tiberium Wars.

I'm going try some older drivers tonight.

Thanks guys! :)

If your other games are working fine in WS mode then I don't think it's your monitor's drivers. I also don't see how it could be your GPU's driver's either? But I am no expert :|

I am not famliar with the sparta game (& I don't know what SCDA is) but it might be worth it to make sure you have the latest patch. Also, see if there is a settings.cfg or config.cfg or some type of .cfg file that has the display settings in it. You can probably add a custom setting in there.

Edit: You may want to double check the WS support on that game as I have seen posted that it only supports up to 1600x900. If that's the case you can still try hacking the config file?

Last edited:
Well not sure but I know that game does support wide screen since im running 1920x1200. It could be a driver issue, its defiantly not an OC issue though.

If anything surely visiting the forums mentioned above has some ways of forcing the res to what you want it to be.

Thund3rball said:
I am not famliar with the sparta game (& I don't know what SCDA is) but it might be worth it to make sure you have the latest patch. Also, see if there is a settings.cfg or config.cfg or some type of .cfg file that has the display settings in it. You can probably add a custom setting in there.

Edit: You may want to double check the WS support on that game as I have seen posted that it only supports up to 1600x900. If that's the case you can still try hacking the config file?

SCDA is the latest Splinter Cell Double Agent. And yeah, I doubt installing monitors driver going to change anything. But I'm 100% sure the games that I mentioned has WS 16:10 support as I've played them before. Anyway, it's no biggie. I'll see what happens when I move back to Vista Ultimate.

For now I'll just check if there are any config or ini files that I can modify.

Thanks guys! I'll post back

BLOOP! said:
SCDA is the latest Splinter Cell Double Agent. And yeah, I doubt installing monitors driver going to change anything. But I'm 100% sure the games that I mentioned has WS 16:10 support as I've played them before. Anyway, it's no biggie. I'll see what happens when I move back to Vista Ultimate.

A WINRAR IS YOU!

http://forum.tigerdave.com/viewtopic.php?t=156

Problem solved.

Here is a list of games that you can MOD to get widescreen.
http://forum.tigerdave.com/viewtopic.php?t=85

BLOOP! said:

DOH :bang head ! Of course Splinter Cell... I played the first 3 on PS2, haven't played 4 yet on anything.

GL

hehe

You gotta play it. It's the best SC i've played. But dont play it on the PS2 or on the original xbox, it sucks there so bad :D

Thund3rball said:
You bet... I plan on playing it on PC!

BTW: How you making out with your game screen res?

His card should do just fine at that res if im getting 60FPS at my res maxed.

Back