• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need recs on most stable MB that overclocks!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JustChill

I am looking for some rec. on what is the most stable MB that will allow me to overclock a E6320 or E6420 to a respectable level. Respectable level...2.5 - 3.0 somewhere in there. this is for a build that I will be doing for someone else, so stability is key. I only intend on using 1 vid card and it will be air cooled. The quieter the better.
Keep in mind I will be using Firestix D9, or OCZ Special Ops for this build as I have some of this lying around so mem should not be a bottleneck.
Thanx
JC

I'm getting an easy 500 fsb out of my Gigabyte DS3 rev 1.3 that I got from Newegg for around $100. I did some testing yesterday and it looks like it starts losing stability around 520-525 fsb. The only mods I did to the board was to remove the nb and sb and apply AS5 instead of the stock crap. I still haven't even installed a fan on the heatsink on the nb yet either and I still get great stability at 500 fsb with my E6300.

Back