• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need to buy a Camera

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oxalic32

My dad told me to look online for a camera he could buy. I'm looking for something that will record 60fps or higher. He wants to record his golf swing, and said 60 frame per second or higher would be good. If its lower than that he wont see the golf swing. I have never bought a camera to record video. Any suggestions? Things i should look for? I'm not looking to spend too much, but that doesnt mean i have to buy something skimpy.

99% of video cameras record @ 24-30FPS, unless you go for commercial grade.

Apparently Sony has released the DCR-PC350, which does 60 FPS interlaced...

Edit: Keep in mind, even if the camera supports recording in 60 fps, you will need a television capable of displaying 480i or 1080i in order to view it on the TV. If you want it for your computer, then you should be fine unless your monitor doesn't have a 60hz or faster refresh rate.

Elif Tymes said:
99% of video cameras record @ 24-30FPS, unless you go for commercial grade.

Apparently Sony has released the DCR-PC350, which does 60 FPS interlaced...

Edit: Keep in mind, even if the camera supports recording in 60 fps, you will need a television capable of displaying 480i or 1080i in order to view it on the TV. If you want it for your computer, then you should be fine unless your monitor doesn't have a 60hz or faster refresh rate.

That cameras about $1,000. Do i have any other options? This figure might just end my father's tinkering.

I absolutely love my Canon Powershot!!

I have had Sony, Olympia, Kodak, HP, and um...some other brand I cant think of right now... Canon has been the best so far.

I don't know how common the feature is, but my Canon A610 will do 60fps when it's in fast frame rate mode. The resolution is lower, though.

Bios24 said:
Are we talking about a digital picture camera or a digital video camera?

Well i need to record video. Look at it that way i guess. Which ever will work best.

Back