• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus A7M266-D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
PsYko420 said:
Who's excited about the dual mp asus board due out this month! A7M266-D I can't wait for it. It lets you change fsb to i think 197 and one cpu can have multi changed (oh well i'll use golden socket for other one). I CANT WAIT!

I will be checking in on this board with great interest:cool:

Compared to even 3 years ago, $1000 for a super nice dual processor system is nothing..... :)

Can't wait to order mine up... it's going to be either the Epox M762A or the Asus A7M-D I think, unless Abit suprises me and puts overclocking features in their board.

SB

Eliminator said:
$300 minimum $US.

You'll could be spending a $1,000 to get a top of the line combo.

bs
it can be had from somewhere in the netherlands for 204 us dollars.

if you want to know where just ask.

Translating the Japanese Yen to US dollars the Asus board would go for $275 according to a site I visited yesterday. Had to use Babelfish and a currency exchanger but that's the amount I got for it there...I figure on it being close to that once it hits the shelf.

I don't really see this board getting into a price war with the Tiger MP right off the bat considering it will have overclocking options that the Tyan does not...if we want that, we will pay for it. After (unless they are released the same time) the others hit the market then we'll see some good prices happening on them, in my opinion.

Not really sure what I'm going to do yet though. Depends on price I guess...if the Asus, MSI, Gigabyte boards are in the $300 range I may go with a 1.2GHz Duron combo and overclock the snot out of them...otherwise I may go with a couple of XPs and the Tyan.

I really love these kind of tough decisions...haha.

EDIT:

Have to take back what I said about the pricing. Appears you can preorder this board from a couple of places already. One has a listing of $229 and another at $249...looks like this will by choice when it comes widely available.

Last edited:
Jon said:

EDIT:

Have to take back what I said about the pricing. Appears you can preorder this board from a couple of places already. One has a listing of $229 and another at $249...looks like this will by choice when it comes widely available.

Do you have some links for me?:D PLEASE :beer:

Jon said:
Translating the Japanese Yen to US dollars the Asus board would go for $275 according to a site I visited yesterday. Had to use Babelfish and a currency exchanger but that's the amount I got for it there...I figure on it being close to that once it hits the shelf.

I don't really see this board getting into a price war with the Tiger MP right off the bat considering it will have overclocking options that the Tyan does not...if we want that, we will pay for it. After (unless they are released the same time) the others hit the market then we'll see some good prices happening on them, in my opinion.

Not really sure what I'm going to do yet though. Depends on price I guess...if the Asus, MSI, Gigabyte boards are in the $300 range I may go with a 1.2GHz Duron combo and overclock the snot out of them...otherwise I may go with a couple of XPs and the Tyan.

I really love these kind of tough decisions...haha.

EDIT:

Go with the tyan. A lot of poeple are forgetting just how long it will actualy be till these boards are even stable. We all remember how unstable the first batch of dual amd boards were. This will be asus, msi, and gigabyte first splash into the dual amd world. Expect lots of ealr problems with the later relase of revisions. I would go for a tyan. the rev 3 out right now are cheap and can have the fsb changed upto 150. The voltage and multipliers can be done via some chip surgury.

Back