• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8800gts 640 deals?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DeViL_909

Thanks to Krag I now have a huge 1080p TV sitting on my desk and need a video card to run my games on it. I am looking for a deal on a 8800gts 640, or a damn good deal on a 320. I have looked around but have been out of the buying market for so long (thanks to college) that I have no idea whats and deal and whats not.

Thanks,
JS

eVGA 8800 GTS 320 for $257 AMIR at Circuit City:

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/EVGA...75102/catOid/-13043/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

You can even have it today as you can pick it up in store. About the cheapest I've seen the 640 AMIR for the eVGA is 309.99. I use the 320 to run 1080P and it seems to do quite well, at least if you overclock it a bit. It can take Quake 4 and FEAR at max settings 2x AA at 1920x1080 and never go below 40 FPS with the setup in my sig.

BFG or someone dropped to 305 the other day after rebate, I'd suggest doing what I did, go register for the slickdeals.net forums and then set up a deal alert for threads about "8800", thats how I got the EVGA at 310 deal.

Yeah, I just got a EVGA 8800GTS 640MB for ~ $310 AR from ZZF, but the prices have jumped in the last week or so (at ZZF, they jumped a LOT on the EVGA). If you want overclocked variants, it will cost more. Hopefully the prices will drop soon.

I got the EVGA 8800GTS 640 for $295 after rebate and $325 before rebate from Buy.com

damn, all of the 8-series are soaring in price now and almost all the rebates are out a here. hopefully there will be some fathers day specials, this is ridiculous.

DeViL_909 said:
Thanks to Krag I now have a huge 1080p TV sitting on my desk and need a video card to run my games on it. I am looking for a deal on a 8800gts 640, or a damn good deal on a 320. I have looked around but have been out of the buying market for so long (thanks to college) that I have no idea whats and deal and whats not.

Thanks,
JS
you'll definitely want the 640mb if you're running on high res... i noticed a diff by having 512mb as opposed to 256mb on my 2405fpw.

EvlUndrwareNome said:
damn, all of the 8-series are soaring in price now and almost all the rebates are out a here. hopefully there will be some fathers day specials, this is ridiculous.

Wow yea the 8800 GTS 640 has gone up a bit, pretty unusual for a 6-month old item but I guess with the lack of competition at those pricepoints closer to $300 and ATi's card not dropping much it isn't surprising. Maybe the lowest price point was based upon gaining sales before R600 performance was widely known.

Last edited:
Probably started racheting it down with the rebates as the 2900s approached until they saw that sales weren't falling off after release since 2900s aren't putting down the big #s and are more bucks, so they can afford to keep the price in the mid 3s instead of needing to drop it to the 300 even price point yet. Unfortunately we're probably going to have to wait for either sales attrition or 2900XTX for any major movement in DX10 card prices at the top. Glad I got mine at 310 after rebate...

Well the buy.com price was a bit freakish. From consistently-stocked etailers it's gone up by $20 or so. Not that that's good, it just isn't huge or anything.

Back