• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I need some help here: ASUS TI200, Hercules TI 200 or Radeon 8500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wega!

Hi all, I'm about to buy a new vidcard and I can't decide between these 3 card's. I know the R8500 is faster than the TI's, but I'm afraid of the bad drivers ATI make, and this article show's some pic's from Q3 where the image quality is very bad:
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.html?i=1558

Is this something I should worry about, or should I get the R8500?

If now, which one of the TI 200's should I get?

the new drivers fixed the Quake III problem and the rason they had the bad pics is because they were comparing the old and new driver quality

also its a toss up between Ti200 and 8500LE if your going to shell out enough money to get an ASUS or Hercules though you might as well get a Retail 8500 or a regular Geforce3, if you go with TI200 get the Visiontek one, cheap, and high quality.....if your not afraid to flash a video card bios i like the 8500....it has a lot more potential to grow than the Ti200....

Well, the prices here in Denmark is not as in the US. The TI 200's (The good Brands) and the R8500, cost's almost the same. I'm not interested in the LE version of the R8500....

if they cost the same then there is no doubt the 8500 and TI200 are in entire different classes.....8500 easily....

Well, I'm still very concerned about the drivers and the stability of the R8500....

8500 all the way, there is no contest b/w the Ti200 and 8500. The drivers are alot better, I do not believe you will have any serious problem with the 8500.

Cisco Kid:D

Walter:-) said:
Well, I'm still very concerned about the drivers and the stability of the R8500....

well, u dont want to get the 8500.
get the hercules then: high quality everywhere; this means you cant go wrong getting the hercules. i have an asus and decided not to get them anymore. the board and all the hardware stuff have good quality but i still cant beat a similar prolink pixelview for img quality! hercules has good mem chips too and nice color blue.

wait till the end of the week there are newer drivers coming out,m and ive heard that there are 3rd party drivers that perform well and are very stable in games made by omega corner or something....comparing a Ti200 to and 8500 is like comparing a Pro to an Ultra.....

oTTO said:

well, u dont want to get the 8500.
get the hercules then: high quality everywhere; this means you cant go wrong getting the hercules. i have an asus and decided not to get them anymore. the board and all the hardware stuff have good quality but i still cant beat a similar prolink pixelview for img quality! hercules has good mem chips too and nice color blue.

I didn't say I didn't want a R8500, I just need to hear if all those problems I hear about with the vidcard is true....

Walter:-) said:

I didn't say I didn't want a R8500, I just need to hear if all those problems I hear about with the vidcard is true....

i know, that was just what seemed to me.
i think funnyperson pretty much explained the drivers stuff. u can bet ati will keep developing them though. as he said, comparing both is something like to compare pros and ultras.

Well, I trust you guy's, and have just ordered a Radeon 8500. Should be here the day after tomorrow! :)

Thanks for all your help.

funnyperson1 said:
whoa, fast decision :)

Actually not. I've been looking into all the vidcard's the past week, but I was in doubt with the R8500. But I guess I can't really go wrong with any off those cards.....

Back