• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New BF2 Map From EA: Highway Tampa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i saw that yesterday and i cant wait to dl it. I wont be able to play for a while, can you post some screen shots?

I played it briefly until kicked for Spawn camping on a server...DOD server to be exact.

Anyhow, apart from the Intel Core Duo 2 crates lying about, and the Billboards advertising them...it seems to be a very large map made more for Tank combat, and wide open spaces.

I give it a 6/10 as I play Infantry Only maps, and don't particularly care for vehicles in BF2.

But its a BIG map, could easily support 64 players with room to spare.

i play infantry only for the most part as well. like not having to worry about artillery since it seems to magically get you no matter how far you think you are from it.

too bad the game is basically down to 3 classes because of it. you have the overpowered medic, the sniper with the ridiculous claymores and the support guy that never gives you ammo when you need it.

assault...useless before infantry only games...now even more.

antitank...useless.

engineer...near useless. dont even need him to fix stuff thanks to supply drops.

spec-ops. while C4s are great...the controls for them are still retarded. its painful trying to quickly drop one and switch to the detonator and vice versa. still useful though.

but its the only thing ive been playing till now...when i finally got tired of waiting for CC3 to drop in price and just went for it.

Had a week to play this map now...

I give it a 8.5/10 because they nerfed the Apaches, and each Airbase spawns only 1 plane. The Armor vs. Anti-Tank is balanced by map design for close quarter combat, makes running around in a Fast Attack with a little 3man AT group pretty fun.

Back