• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win2k+nic+cablemodem.....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moeshka

Registered
i have just installed a nic in slot 3 and somehow this has dratically effected my 3dmark scores or its the fact that im constantly connected now that mayhave something to do with it?

even running games like quake3 have shown detriment

any help appreaciated

thanks

More info please....

What NIC?
What Video card?
What win2k mode? (acpi or standard PC)

Have you checked for IRQ conflict?

Is that an older nic. I had a problem with an older nic and my sound card. It caused my sound card's output to stutter a lot changed the nic and all is well. Before removing the nic I tried everything. cleared IRQ conflicts changed out several sound cards. If their are no conflicts and you remove the Nic and things clear up I would lean toward saying the there is an incompatibility between the video and nic card.

similar problem

Win 2k SP2.

IRQ shows no conflicts, but this sharing has decreased my video card's performance by 20%!

Leadtek GF2 Ti, SIIG USB controller, Realtek Nic, and onboard audio all sharing IRQ 11. Lost 1200 3dmarks when installed USB card! Can't change IRQ's in device manager. Swapping slots doesn't change anything.

To fix I'll try:

Reserving the overly-shared IRQ in bios and see if that redistributes the devices.

Or, Device manager--> +Computer ---> ACPI something-or-other ---> Properties ---> Update driver ---> choose: standard PC. Reboot and reinstall some devices. Possible 2nd reboot.

This will disable ACPI and should make the devices use their own IRQ, although some minor sharing may still take place.

Back