• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How to lower Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro fan voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minh

Registered
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out how to lower the voltage on my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro stock fan from 12V to 10V. According to this review, it's doable and it's much more quiet. But, this website didn't show how's it done.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article285-page4.html

any help on how to do it or links to website that shows how to do it, please? thank you all very much.

ps i've been goolging around but found no such how to do guides

minh said:
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out how to lower the voltage on my Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro stock fan from 12V to 10V. According to this review, it's doable and it's much more quiet. But, this website didn't show how's it done.

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article285-page4.html

any help on how to do it or links to website that shows how to do it, please? thank you all very much.

ps i've been goolging around but found no such how to do guides
Well...if your motherboard has a feature to reduce fan speeds, thats what you want. Otherwise you would need a fan controller (if you don't want to mod).

hi thideras, thank you for your quick help. I have asus p5w dh mobo, it has fan control function in bios. and if i want to mod the fan, how it's done? do you know?

thanks very much again!

minh said:
hi thideras, thank you for your quick help. I have asus p5w dh mobo, it has fan control function in bios. and if i want to mod the fan, how it's done? do you know?

thanks very much again!
Well...you could put a resistor in the wiring, reducing the voltage. But since your motherboad has that feature, save yourself the trouble and use the onboard stuff...:beer:

Well, Speedfan will let you change the speed of your fans, if your motherboard supports it ( and if you are using the 3-pin connector on the motherboard ). So go download speedfan, and give that a try before trying to mess with resistors.

Back