• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Can I Disable My IDE Channel's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

I am just wondering if my PC can run smoothly with all the IDE channels disabled see my DVD-ROM & RW drives are both SATA. And so are my 250gb HDD's thus I am not using any IDE channels so could I disabled them and would it do anything to the PC.

Like any problems or peformance hits?

Should work just fine. As mentioned , you should get a slight boost in performance too. :)

Excellent I have none in use what so ever I will do it now thanks just wanted to make sure in case something would happen.

Myself I disable any hardware in BIOS that is not bieng used or has use to me.

I see it as one less hassle to worry about with drivers and errors.

I will do it from the BIOS then thats was my main thought since I ain't using them I might as well free some resources I mean I don't use my floppy controller anymore cos I dont have a floppy drive.

AngelfireUk83 said:
I will do it from the BIOS then thats was my main thought since I ain't using them I might as well free some resources I mean I don't use my floppy controller anymore cos I dont have a floppy drive.
Do it in the BIOS, Windows will compensate when you start it next time.

Back