• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New Rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SuperDave1685

Well guys I think I'm gonna jump ship here. I've been running into problems with my current 939 setup and I just figured I might as well scrap it and go C2D. Its cheaper to upgrade than it is to fix my current rig, so I'm making the plunge. Heres what I have in mind:

Mobo- Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP
RAM- Crucial Ballistix DDR2 PC2-8000 1000mhz
CPU- E6320 (for now will get a Q6600 here in a month or so)
PSU- Seasonic S12 600W
Video- MSI 88800GTS 640MB

Thats the guts of the system. I'm hoping to get about 3.2 -3.4 out of her initially. What do ya think? Should be a decent setup for a little bit. I have the PSU and video card already. I can get the mobo, ram, and cpu for $300 (don't ask. Friends in high places...)

-Dave

I second Nasgul advice, plus the P5B doesn't support quad core so if you're planning on going quad soon I would definitely get the P5K-DLX. I'm not going quad for at least 7 months or so but I'm really considering the P5K-DLX now, they seem to be clocking really well and they support DDR3 for further future proofing.

I already have the PSU and the video card. The Seasonic is a good PSU. I haven't had any issues with it at all. I'm trading my Ballistix PC4000's for the PC2 8000 ones. A free upgrade- can't beat that :D I due time I'll get a P5K, maybe once I actually get a quad core at the end of July or so. I'm hoping that this setup will be a nice improvement over my broken S939 rig. Should really let my 8800 shine lol

As for the explosions, you can go to http://www.quantico.usmc.mil to check for noise advisories. I for one, love the explosions. You're too far away to really "hear" them though. Try being less than a 1/4 mile away :D Makes your blood rush. Especially when the explosions rock your building!:attn:

Yea the 8 multi is nice this board does 500 no prob so thats 4ghz ( just needs some volts ) . I think with a SS i should be over 4ghz .

Back