• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Starcraft 2, Diablo 3, WoW expansion...all annouce by years end?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rozal

Banned
Starcraft down, there has been rumors that blizzard has 3 unannounced games in production (including SC2)
Blizzard has already hinted for a 'upcoming' game announcement in august.

They've mentioned D3 but probably wouldn't come out til next year at the earliest. More or less they said all in due time.

Blizzard generally does not work on to many games at once, so I would be surprised if they suddenly start working on 3 at a time. Also these games are also all huge money makers, so to meet fiscal goals it's usually smart to space titles like these out. Anyway I suppose it is possible. SC2 has been announced, they will want to keep expanding and making money off of WoW before it is replaced by another MMO, and D3 has been rumored for awhile.

Tenchi don;t forget that fiscal goals are only important to public companies to appease stock holders....if Blizzard is privately held (??) quarters don't mean jack if they have a plan.

If they release Diablo 3 I may have to quit my job and shun the world for a year. I dont know what it is exactly about the diablo series but I just cant get enough.

I burned up multiple Playstations with Diablo and Diablo 2 was what spurred me to buy a computer. I had never owned and very rarely ever even used one before then. Leveled 6 different kinds of barbarians to 97-99 from classic through LOD and amassed a fortune so vast it would have made solomon blush. Gave all those accounts to my father-in-law and quit.

Came back a year later and started again from scratch leveling every class except necro to 95-99, most 99, and amassed a fortune twice as large which I eventually just let rot. If they release Diablo 3 you'll know where to find me. US East.

Agreed with Inceptor. I played D1, was hooked, played D2, was addicted to it for like 3 years. The game is like crack. If D3 comes out, im going to have to seal my door shut and play that for a LONG time...

The Diablo series was amazing to me.

But another WoW Expansion and Starcraft 2?

Well hell, this might be a productive year for Blizzard. They have the money to make and develop these games to their full potential, they have roughly $120 Mil USD coming in every month from WoW subscriptions. (8 million players [est] x 15$ a month)

thats 8 million total subscribers in the history. there's nothing that says they have a constant rate of that many people still registered and paying. especially when people go in and out of WOW all the time.

Rozal said:
no, that's 8.5 Million actively paying subcribers

I haven't seen proof of that being "active" but anyway........hoping for another Diablo3 as well.

Last edited:
Rozal said:
no, that's 8.5 Million actively paying subcribers

I've heard of active. Still yet even if that isn't the total "ACTIVE" amount say even half of that is active, besides what money they make from the game itself and expansion packs.

D3 man.... Played D2 long enough heck even load it up every now and then just to play a little. Bring back the good days of when I was still in school and had LOTS of time to play hehe.

If it's D3 I'll have to invest in a sound proof room with a toliet, fridge full of beer and food & a wardrobe full of toilet paper. My current character is a sorceress at lv74 in HELL mode and she kicks ***.

Yeah D3 would be cool I've always liked them but I just played them, pasted them & really never touched them much again. Other then D2 I did start up again for a short time off & on but never really was hardcore into it like others apparently...lol

Though something that has always bothered me with Diablo series is the graphics. They have just never really been that good. While this isn't a huge factor since the games themselves are just freaking awesome, I just feel they released 2 games several years apart with nearly the exact same graphics. I'd like to see something a little more graphical intense & eye popping...like Oblivion or FEAR etc.

Basically hope they leave the top down view behind & go for a 3rd person thing. I would just love to see the spells & such just really reach out at you with amazing graphics & such instead of the old pixelated boring stuff.

Also WoW can't be considered a 3rd game they are working on as they have an entirely different crew of people working on that game, I remember reading a post on the WoW forums way back when & someone asked about other games in developement & if they'd be back burnered to WoW. The response was along the lines of that the people working on WoW are only working on WoW & the other game developers where working on whatever they where.

So really the people working on Starcraft 2 would only be working on 1 other game, which I would assume since SC2 was officially announce that is the one taking up most of their time while the other D3 or whatever is just 2nd string at the moment with most of the energies being focused on SC2.

Once SC2 gets closer to completion then D3 would be pushed harder for completion.

shard said:
Leave Diablo 3 with the same view and interface as the other 2, and just use graphics on par or better then titan quest. I would love it to death :D

Totally agree really hope they don't make it 3D or jazz it way up, because it is a sweet thing they have already anyways.

How is Titan Quest?

deathman20 said:
Totally agree really hope they don't make it 3D or jazz it way up, because it is a sweet thing they have already anyways.

How is Titan Quest?

Surprisingly good, but at the same time it can get flat too. Aint no D2, but its fun none the less. I really like the skills and masteries system in the game though :thup:

Yeah the developers of Titan Quest spent most of their time on the skill trees instead of getting creative in other ways. Fun to play, but all the while I knew I was feeding that old hack&slash addiction that Diablo is responsible for. It's really like a cut&paste of Diablo II, they modded the enemies and the bosses but everything else is the same (down to holding shift to stay still while fighting).

When Blizzard releases a game, millions go from being regular gamers to being haggard-sleep-deprived-foaming-at-the-mouth-addicts.

SC and D2 WCII and WC3 are the only games that I have ever been addicted to. I dont know for sure what it is, but Blizzard games just know how to grab me. But I gotta tell you, if they go and make any of my old favorites pay per month games, forget it. I have always wanted to play WoW, but theres no way that I am going to pay $15 per month to **** my life away at the computer. Especially on dial up.

TUK101 said:
SC and D2 WCII and WC3 are the only games that I have ever been addicted to. I dont know for sure what it is, but Blizzard games just know how to grab me. But I gotta tell you, if they go and make any of my old favorites pay per month games, forget it. I have always wanted to play WoW, but theres no way that I am going to pay $15 per month to **** my life away at the computer. Especially on dial up.

If you where not on dial up, I would say that you would in fact enjoy it, and want to pay the 15 for at least a few months. But since you are on dial up that would completely ruin it. All in all WoW is very similiar to how D2 is played, just with more noobs ;)

Back