• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Was going to buy Oblivion...Nudity?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chum

...I read somewhere it has nudity...why put this stuff in a game!?...

I am no prude...but now, because I play games for fun...I can't get this one...my Wife(caps intended) will be upset(can't see as I blame her, either)!

There is no Nudity in the game withotu modding it.

What happened was some 3rd party mod removed the clothes of a chick to find out that Bethesda had included rated R material (breasts) in the game. The artwork is there, but its covered by clothes, and until you use a 3rd party mod to take of the clothes, there is no stock nudity. There was a big outcry to prevent the rating from being changed. Infact my copy of oblivion is rated T for teen. Bought it before this was discovered.

Chum said:
...that's good news...THANKS!

That's horribly STUPID news.

A few questions:

1. Why does your wife CARE if there is nudity in the game or not?
2. What the hell is wrong with this country? I'll never... ever... EVER understand it... Janet Jackson show's her nipple and the entire nation goes into red panic while the rest of the non-muslim world looks on in awe as if we were the biggest lot of idiotic prudes in the universe. I'll really never understand how all these people could leave Europe, alledgedly to escape persecution, only to create an even MORE conservative society. It just doesn't make any sense to me. "JESUS! What if THE CHILDREN saw BREASTS?!?!" What if they did? I saw breasts when I was a child. I'm sure you did to. How the hell is this the end of the universe. They don't even think about these things in other parts of the world (not just europe either, Asia, Africa...). What exactly IS IT that parents are so afraid will happen? This entire stigmatism is man-made. If nudity was more common, then there wouldn't be this ridiculous fuss over it.
3. Why do you care, if your wife cares, if the game you buy has nudity? Couldn't you just say "It's a game. Get over it. My art history book has nudity, too."?

rainless said:

A few questions:

2. What the hell is wrong with this country? I'll never... ever... EVER understand it... Janet Jackson show's her nipple and the entire nation goes into red panic while the rest of the non-muslim world looks on in awe as if we were the biggest lot of idiotic prudes in the universe. I'll really never understand how all these people could leave Europe, alledgedly to escape persecution, only to create an even MORE conservative society. It just doesn't make any sense to me. "JESUS! What if THE CHILDREN saw BREASTS?!?!" What if they did? I saw breasts when I was a child. I'm sure you did to. How the hell is this the end of the universe. They don't even think about these things in other parts of the world (not just europe either, Asia, Africa...). What exactly IS IT that parents are so afraid will happen? This entire stigmatism is man-made. If nudity was more common, then there wouldn't be this ridiculous fuss over it.
3. Why do you care, if your wife cares, if the game you buy has nudity? Couldn't you just say "It's a game. Get over it. My art history book has nudity, too."?
I'm with you on 1, 2 and 3...lol

well I think Chum should be able to buy or not buy the game for whatever reason he deems worthy....as long as he doesn't say we shouldn't buy it......I hate those people....I totally agree with you though rainless

tighten up a little more America!

rainless said:

A few questions:

Who the #### are you to question why my Wife or me cares, or whether I care about my Wife's feelings?:rolleyes:

Your second point is OK...but 1 and 3 are totally personal and downright RUDE!

No it does not have nudity

In other news why is it ok for a move for ages 17+ to have nudity and sex but not a game rated for the exact same age. *is confused*

rainless said:

A few questions:

Although it does sound rude and the OP will may take offense (as he has) it is true...

Chum said:
Who the #### are you to question why my Wife or me cares, or whether I care about my Wife's feelings?:rolleyes:

Your second point is OK...but 1 and 3 are totally personal and downright RUDE!
That's just Rainless' style, two punches to the groin and maybe a point in there...somewhere.

Springbok said:
That's just Rainless' style, two punches to the groin and maybe a point in there...somewhere.
rofl.gif
:D :D :D
rofl.gif

Springbok said:

I am not mad at him(especially after just reading that he is a System Shock 2 fan!)...just think part of his reponse was unnecessary!

shard said:
I like how in this country, violence and killing people are just fine, where as nudity, the human body, is evil and should be condemned.

Who condemned it? Not me...just did not want to play it, if it contained it.

Back