• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I fry my laptop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iden135

How can I fry my laptop. Please don't ask why, but I want to burn out the CPU

thanks

iden135 said:
How can I fry my laptop. Please don't ask why, but I want to burn out the CPU

thanks
Ahh...well, with todays safety systems in place, you'd be hard pressed to fry something...

About all you could do is physical damage.

But since you posted, I must ask...why?

Is this for insurance fraud??!?!!? o_O lol, jk!! :bday:

EDIT: :welcome: to the forums!!

daunsociable said:
find a way to shut off the temp protection and remove the heat sink??
They are built in, they are almost impossible to disable as they are on the chip itself. Almost all modern processors will slow down or shut off when they get too hot.

I find a 20lb sledge hammer very usefull in situations like this!

I would put a needle in the fan vent hole to, #1 by keeping it in place, possibly burn out the motor, and #2 keep any air moving though.

As for how to generate heat. Download CPU-Burn or CPU Toast, run two if single core, three if dual core. And set the laptop on a bed or comforter to insulate the bottom :p

That should generate A LOT of heat... If any luck something will go bad.

I know this because I ran heat gen tests on a friend of mine's laptop in the same situation (we didn't lock up his fan though) and it burned up his laptop, accidently though.

WonderingSoul said:
I would put a needle in the fan vent hole to, #1 by keeping it in place, possibly burn out the motor, and #2 keep any air moving though.

As for how to generate heat. Download CPU-Burn or CPU Toast, run two if single core, three if dual core. And set the laptop on a bed or comforter to insulate the bottom :p

That should generate A LOT of heat... If any luck something will go bad.

I know this because I ran heat gen tests on a friend of mine's laptop in the same situation (we didn't lock up his fan though) and it burned up his laptop, accidently though.
Yeah, just call Toshiba, get one of their laptops and BAM, it will overheat with NO MODS!! (sorry, mine is in the shop for the fifth time now)...

What ever the reason I'm sure it's not a good one! Do what I did with one of my old Dells, with the laptop running leave it flat on the couch and go away for an hour!! I forgot about it and when I picked it up there was a black screen!! Dead!!! That was the infamous Dell 5150 though, I could actually heat my house with that thing!

something fishy going on here. there is no legit reason someone would want to kill their laptop.

i think the suggestions should stop, and maybe this thread shut down? i'll leave that up to the powers that be mind you.

I'm against putting the laptop in your bed...
What if your house catches on fire!

hUMANbEATbOX said:
something fishy going on here. there is no legit reason someone would want to kill their laptop.

i think the suggestions should stop, and maybe this thread shut down? i'll leave that up to the powers that be mind you.
I quite agree and find the poster is trying to commit fraud of some sort with a warranty claim - this is my hunch.

*Thread Closed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back