• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Changing Bus Speed??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Burninate

I know on AMD boards, there is an HTT freq multiplier that multiplies the HT speed by that multiplier and thats how you get the bus speed and the system can become unstable at anything over 1000 Mhz HTT. Is there a similar setting within the Bios to alter the bus speed on Intel Chips? I have an E4300 which has a default bus speed of 800 Mhz. When i open up CPU-Z it says the bus is running above 1400 Mhz. Is there anyway to reduce this without reducing the actual FSB speed?

Yeah.... I knew it was confusing when I asked; hard to explain. I'll have to take a screen shot when I get home.

MM Kay.... Got a screen capture to illustrate what I'm talking about... Is there anything like a multiplier I can set to modify this number similar to an AMD chip?

CPU-Z.jpg

Newer intels are what you call "quad pumped". The higher fsb is the "quad pumped" number, all you do is divide by four to get the actual fsb speed.

Alright, cool, that was the answer I was looking for. Does anyone know if pushing this number too far causes instability like on AMD platforms?

Divide by 4 B.

Like any other system, it has it's limits.

Actually, your hardware has its limits.

CPU/memory/ even the PS.

Back