• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dead mobo or CPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Robin Hood

I built a machine for a friend a month ago and all was fine until yesturday, now it will not boot, having shut down fine the time before (WinXP).

It's an Abit F-190HD with an E4300 (@3GHz on/near default volts),2 GB Ballistix, 1 SATA and 1 optical drive off an Antec 430 PSU. The red and orange lights are on but no beeps and no signal to the monitor.

Am I right in thinking no beeps = dead mobo or CPU?

Unfortunately I don't have a C2D machine myself to check parts but I have rebuilt, juggled the RAM and cleared the cmos but without success.

Anything more I can do to isolate the problem?

Thanks

That particular board doesn't have a good track record to date according to newegg customer reviews, so I'd have to say it's probably the board.

Thanks for replies and indeed it does look like the F-190HD has a problem and unfortunately I need a replacement quickly - will RMA later.

Is there a similar priced board with comparable onboard graphics, it’s for 2D CAD work and so resolution is more important than its overclockabilty.

Thanks

A replacement board arrived this morning and all worked fine so I’ll be requesting an RMA number for the Abit F-190HD, first thing Monday morning. Thanks folks.

Back