• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

(Malay vs Philli) C3 Overclocking

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Morpheus

Grandfather of Crunchers Senior
OK... so i bought a pair 1 malaysia (box), phillipines (oem... thanks, ol man)...

So far I have been playing with the malaysia & she runs @ 1584 on my TUSL2-C... a little unstable but not much...

& no, she won't quite POST @ 133 :(

the question: is it time to pull the IHS & lap my Glaciator..?? or do I throw in the philli chip?

Specs: Asus TUSL2-C (1010 BIOS) | Celeron3 1.2GHZ | IBM 60GXP Deskstar | SB Live! Value | 3Com NIC | Cosair 256 MB PC150 C2 | Enermax 551W | Radeon 64Mb DDR VIVO

Morpheus said:
OK... so i bought a pair 1 malaysia (box), phillipines (oem... thanks, ol man)...

So far I have been playing with the malaysia & she runs @ 1584 on my TUSL2-C... a little unstable but not much...

& no, she won't quite POST @ 133 :(

the question: is it time to pull the IHS & lap my Glaciator..?? or do I throw in the philli chip?

Specs: Asus TUSL2-C (1010 BIOS) | Celeron3 1.2GHZ | IBM 60GXP Deskstar | SB Live! Value | 3Com NIC | Cosair 256 MB PC150 C2 | Enermax 551W | Radeon 64Mb DDR VIVO

Well I would not pull the IHS if you have a better OEM chip that will do the 1600MHz most likely. WHen you pull the IHS you land your self possibly into a even bigger heap of trouble if something goes wrong. 1584 is a very OC. I am wondering how your PCI bus is doing it but that is good to hear that some of the TUSL2's can do it.

Anyway it has been that the philli chips do the 134 much better than the malays. It is your call but I would keep the IHS on and simply through the philli chip in. Take it easy at first though. I would try to see what it can do at default first. I know one guy here that had it doing 1600MHz on 1.5v. Basically default vcore on the TUSL2. Maybe tone down the I/O to 3.4v or whatever it is. I know my TUSL2 went to 3.5 I htink at default. Too high IMHO to start out at.

Wondering if I should put the Malay on the Abit ST6 I have & run the Philli chip on this TUSL2-C??

Anybody remember the registry key (to delete) for Win2K to swap mobos without going through a reinstall??

Last edited:
Back