• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

JMicron drivers? SH-S182D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cant.Touch.This

I found this as a "common" problem, but I've never had it before until now. I'm running on the ABIT IP35 Pro mobo if that helps.

I'm running SAMSUNG DVD-RW SH-S182D, it reads fine but for some reason on boot it mentions something about JMicron and the following:

DSC00644.jpg

I have no idea what it means, any help on this one?

Last edited:
I don't know what it means, but according to abit, the JMicron® JMB363 controller is for the two eSata ports on the side of the board. These are used for external devises such as harddrives. But if you are connected to the JMicron controller, then try to use the intel ICH9R controller instead. If there is any difference, then it may be the JMicron controller that hates you dvd drive.
Good luck.

I'm trying to have it install my dvd burner correctly, it keeps popping up the notice to "safely remove hardware," it's an internal IDE.

Cant.Touch.This said:
I'm trying to have it install my dvd burner correctly, it keeps popping up the notice to "safely remove hardware," it's an internal IDE.

I have been looking around and have found that the JMicron controller also handles the communication between the IDE and SATA ports.
So maybe you should try to shift what ever SATA equipment you have over to some new ports.
Try with all on the JMicron controller, and then all on the Intel ICH9 controller.
If this fails, then try to update your bios.
I believe that this is the newest one http://www.ocxtreme.org/forumenus/showthread.php?t=1045. It is from June 5th.
Good luck.

When you said switch over to some new ports, if I understood you correctly, I've already switched my SATA HDD over to another sata port on the board. The IP35 Pro only has one IDE port so I can't switch there.

Kind of noobish but how do you switch between the JMicron and ICH9 controllers?

I get that exact same screen when I'm posting my Asus Commando.

I just ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds and continues the boot process.

Cant.Touch.This said:
When you said switch over to some new ports, if I understood you correctly, I've already switched my SATA HDD over to another sata port on the board. The IP35 Pro only has one IDE port so I can't switch there.

Kind of noobish but how do you switch between the JMicron and ICH9 controllers?

doesn't it say some where in the manual that these port are for the JMicron controller and these ports are for the ICH9 controller?

Audioaficionado said:
I get that exact same screen when I'm posting my Asus Commando.

I just ignore it and it goes away after a few seconds and continues the boot process.

Does yours burn correctly?

Cant.Touch.This said:
Does yours burn correctly?
It seems to.
I'll burn an ISO and try to install it to make sure. It successfully ripped and burned a DVD video backup the other day and it played just fine.

The device manager has no yellow ! or red X after my burner and it reads and rips just fine.

Audioaficionado said:
It seems to.
I'll burn an ISO and try to install it to make sure. It successfully ripped and burned a DVD video backup the other day and it played just fine.

The device manager has no yellow ! or red X after my burner and it reads and rips just fine.

I can say the same for myself about the signs.

I have yet to test out the burner because... I'm lacking a burning software, lol. I might as well use the Nero that came with my old burner; what do you use? Or anyone else that might be reading this.

brint said:
doesn't it say some where in the manual that these port are for the JMicron controller and these ports are for the ICH9 controller?

the micron ports are purple. You gotta disable the onboard ide/raid if you want hte micron controller to quit giving you that stupid message. the ich9 options are at the very top of the bios screen, micron stuff at the bottom.

Back