• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is 7950 GX2 still worth it at this price?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oc1Kenube

Ok ive been trawling ebay a LOT! lately and noticed these cards are selling for stupid prices at around £80-£100 which is the same price as a 7900gs and a whole £80 cheaper than a 8800gts 320mb.

I dont care about dx 10 yet and have a p5w dh deluxe mobo.firstly will this card work with my board and secondly how does this card compare with a single 8800gts 320mb?

Oc1Kenube said:
Ok ive been trawling ebay a LOT! lately and noticed these cards are selling for stupid prices at around £80-£100 which is the same price as a 7900gs and a whole £80 cheaper than a 8800gts 320mb.

I dont care about dx 10 yet and have a p5w dh deluxe mobo.firstly will this card work with my board and secondly how does this card compare with a single 8800gts 320mb?
Both cards will work with your motherboard, no reason they shouldn't :confused:

I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty sure a 8800GTS will be faster than anything out there right now.

thideras said:
Both cards will work with your motherboard, no reason they shouldn't :confused:

I don't have numbers, but I'm pretty sure a 8800GTS will be faster than anything out there right now.

The reason i am unsure whether it will work is because my board supports crossfire but not sli which these cards are effectively configured to.

Oc1Kenube said:
The reason i am unsure whether it will work is because my board supports crossfire but not sli which these cards are effectively configured to.
You would have to get modified drivers for it to work. I'd say just get the 8800.

No, you can just run a 7950GX2 on a non sli board...
As for performance, the GX2 is between the 8800 320 and the 8800 640 I think..

So it's a really good deal you have there..

One Bull said:
No, you can just run a 7950GX2 on a non sli board...
As for performance, the GX2 is between the 8800 320 and the 8800 640 I think..

So it's a really good deal you have there..

Thankyou this is what i suspected

Back