• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X-Fi problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Smitty1258

ok im really irritated! I have an x-fi music

I went here

http://badboy.hub.io/

got the X-Fi Elite Pro, X-Fi Fatal1ty, X-Fi Platinum, X-Fi XtremeMusic Download, i then mounted the disc using deamon.

try to install the x-fi option, and I get this.

06142007203539bm1.jpg

I have the drivers installed, which gives me a half *** creative audio console, nothing like I need, i hardly have any options in it.

this card sounds horrid compared to my audigy 2 zs.

can someone pls help me :)

heres where i got the card

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...RK:MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=230136571829&rd=1,1

Last edited:
When I got that message on my X Fi Play it was because I had the I/O console cable connected badly.

jimmsch said:
When I got that message on my X Fi Play it was because I had the I/O console cable connected badly.

hmm, if you mean a cable that comes off the sound card inside the case, i have nothing connected, if you mean a plug in the back, i have nothing connected :(

I'm going to emphasize this to you all. These CD ISO are meant for people who purchase full retail packages and not OEM packages. OEM packages differ in terms of hardware or software from the full retail package therefore the CD ISO may or may not work with it. If you have an OEM package, you are free to try out the CD ISO available here but remember they may not work for you. This doesn't mean that the CD ISO is faulty. They just simply don't work for your OEM packages that's all.

I have a feeling that you might have downloaded the wrong ISO image. Have you tried re-seating the card? Check the documentation from the ISO image (if its a true image, the readme will be in it). Does it list your card as a supported model?

Did you uninstall your old Audigy 2ZS drivers before trying to install the X-Fi card? If you haven't, you need to download driver cleaner. Uninstall ALL of your creative-based software. Install Driver Cleaner. Boot into Safe mode by pressing F8 before windows starts loading. run Driver cleaner and select all of the Creative filters. Wait for it to finish, reboot, and proceed to try and install your drivers in windows again.

SuperDave1685 said:
Did you uninstall your old Audigy 2ZS drivers before trying to install the X-Fi card? If you haven't, you need to download driver cleaner. Uninstall ALL of your creative-based software. Install Driver Cleaner. Boot into Safe mode by pressing F8 before windows starts loading. run Driver cleaner and select all of the Creative filters. Wait for it to finish, reboot, and proceed to try and install your drivers in windows again.

I sure did. I also wanted to say Semper FI to you super dave.

Ok I got some updates on this sitution.
I found that I had an OEM card, so i got this modded file http://www.driverheaven.net/audio-g...ile-x-fi-installer-cd-hp-other-oem-cards.html and was able to install the software from the CD i downloaded. Well it didnt fix the issues I have with this card.

playing cod2:

I had an audigy 2 zs, loved it. wanted to go EAX in vista, so i got the xfi. I play alot of cod2.

But the sound is so much different, im not sure i like it. If a grenade lands right behind me, it sounds like its a million miles behind, and there is no bass to the sound, if its infront of me, you hear it and theres lots of bass.

With my audigy 2 zs, you could hear where everything was coming from so easy, and how far, with this new card, its like, if its not right infront of you, you cant hear it. Well you do hear it, but it sounds horrid.

Back