• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

X1900gt - "No Signal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TinFoiled

Hello,

This afternoon, my computer has suddenly begun to act up.

When I try to play/watch a game or movie, everything is fine for a few minutes until suddenly the monitor goes into a Standby mode.

After that, the monitor light flicks from green to orange, and claims "No Signal". The computer itself is fine, everything else is running perfectly normal, (eg. music still playing, sounds working, etc).

I'm stumped, as I mentioned, the problem has only arisen this afternoon, and only occurs whenever I attempt to play a game, or watch a movie/video clip. Any, and all help is greatly appreciated.

Monitor is a Viewsonic vx2025m
Vid card is a Sapphire x1900gt

The only thing I can think of is heat. I've had my x1900gt do this to me a few times too. I haven't put my finger on it yet, but check to make sure it isn't overheating.

Heat can be ruled out, I have the fan speed clocked to the max.

I should mention, that I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, to no avail.

How long have you had your fan speed at 100%? When I had my 6800gs, via riva tuner I had the fan duty cycle set at 80% for a couple of months then random reboots and artifacting in game started. When I looked in riva tuner to monitor - my temps were very high. I opened up my case and realized my hsf had a nice layer of dust built up. A few simple blasts of canned air fixed the problem.

/2 cents

Back