• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Blue sun project (not 56k friendly)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KingCrawford@gm

Registered
Hey all
While i waited for my new computer parts to arrive i had a little fun with a old cabinet wich was gonna house my new computer. I should prolly have bought a new cabinet to while i was buying the new parts, but i was to cheap and besides i rather have some better parts than a shiny exterior.

Anyways i tried to snaz my generic chieftec dragon up with a little window mod.

Parts used:
Masking tape
Dremel copy (it was cheap and works as good as the real thing )
Pencil
and some amazing skills

First i printed the pattern i wanted. Then i masked the backside of the door so i could make a drawing there
dscn0349xm5.jpg

Now was where the fun began... cutting
dscn0351yf6.jpg

dscn0352pu1.jpg

Getting closer to the finished result
dscn0355gl4.jpg

dscn0357af0.jpg

All done... just sanded all the edges to avoid cuts
dscn0358ex9.jpg

Frontside
dscn0359il8.jpg

Frontside with light (yes i added som clear plexiglass to the backside but forgot to take pictures of the mounting process)
dscn0360oi8.jpg

dscn0361dx2.jpg

dscn0362gq1.jpg

buckbadly said:
Wow, that looks nice. I like the pic with the wicker chair under it, looks neat.:thup:

Thx for the kind words
But yea now you mention it that pic looks pretty cool. Maybe the next project should be a wicker chair window? :p

Phrenetical said:
NIce way to rip of the godsmack symbol ;)

i can't talk though, i got it tattoed on my left shoulder ;)

lol i didn't even know it was their symbol. I just googled tribal sun images and this came up. But it looks sweet tho :)

It took around 4 -5 hours from start to finish (cutting the template in paper, cutting the cabinet side and adding the acrylic plate to the inside.)

And yes it was all done with the cutting disks from dremel :)

Very nicely done. I've dremeled steel side panels before and it is definitely not easy! May I suggest you touch up some of those silver edges with a black sharpie or repaint the side panel? It would give it a much more finished look... :thup:

Back