• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 120mm CFM/Noise Ratio HS Fan??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By the specs yes it does appear to be better. Keep in mind that there is no standardized way to measure noise. The S-Flex's are well known for being quiet. I have not read any user reviews on the antecs that state how loud they actually are.

Noctua are great fans, however they are not suited for application where there is airflow resistance. I would get them for case fans but I wouldn't get caught using one on a high fin density heatsink. Don't get me wrong Noctua are my favorite fans to move air around but they are crap at pushing air thru restrictive areas...

yates are pretty good for the money. regardless any fan you put in your case can be fairly silent if you insulate your pc with dampening material. the delta's i bought had a screaming noise (not the 180+ cfm's mine are the 96's with a reasonable DB level) i dont remember the model number, but i've noticed a huge diffrence with dampening material installed in the pc. not only is my pump whisper quiet (other than the vibrations on the ground) but my fans are reasonably quiet with my PWM controler at low.

Back