• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 OCZ2N1066SR2GK, can't figure this out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

minh

Registered
Hi everyone,

I have this problem with my pair of OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 OCZ2N1066SR2GK memory and i don't understand why? If i run my e6600 at 3.15 ghz and memory at 1000 mhz. I have no problem, stable system for more than 8 hours. But, when i have my e6600 runs at 3.45 ghz and memory at 940 mhz. My memory gives me error in 1 minute testing. So, I run it aat 750 mhz and it runs fine. My question is why my memory can't run at 940 mhz when i have my cpu at 3.45? I did give memory some more voltage to 2.3 v but nothing worked.

anyone has any idea why it behave that way?

thank you very much for all your help.

my system is P5W DH mobo, E6600 and 2 GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500

Last edited:
I dont know about your memory but that memory i just has i gave up and am now selling. it does not work well with my evga 680i board and my friend with same ram same board had same problems.

first of all, thank you all for your help.

inkfx - my cpu voltage is 1.475
I have thermalright ultra 120 heatsink, idle at 34 c and full load 56 c

this is a learning process for me. thanks again all.

orion456 said:
There is almost no advantage to running the memory faster than 1:1 anyway.

This is off topic, but...

Maybe not if you are running at stock cpu speeds, but once you start overclocking the cpu, then there are performance advantages from the increased bandwidth documented all over the web.

minh said:
first of all, thank you all for your help.

inkfx - my cpu voltage is 1.475
I have thermalright ultra 120 heatsink, idle at 34 c and full load 56 c

this is a learning process for me. thanks again all.
I have this memory. Good stuff. You may have to give your northbridge chipset a little more voltage. Could also be the timings. Last I checked this memory was rated up to 2.35 vdimm. I don't think it's your memory though. I really think it might be the chipset voltage.

thank you all for your help. haven't got time to do anything until yesterday. i raised the NB chipsets voltage like HousERat adviced and it worked fine.

thanks again to all and specially HousERat for this one.

cheers!

Back