• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any new DC pumps out there?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Propaganda

Hey all,

I've been out of the game for a while...

In regards to pumps i've been using the Eheim 1250 for years... currently I have 4 of them running in various systems, about to be a 5th.

So, basically, I want to switch from AC to DC pumps and I am looking for something comparable to the Eheim 1250.

Cost is not much of an issue, but noise is.

I've only read up on the Swiftech MCP655 and the Laing models, but that was while ago, even then those seemed weak for the system intended to be used for. (HC, triple blocks, 3ft physical head)

Can ya point me in the right direction for this?

THX, -Prop.

Those are actually very powerful pumps. Three blocks and a heatercore would be no problem for a 655/D5 or 355/DDC+.

A D5, DDC-2 (if you can still actually find one now that the crummy DDC3s are out), or a DDC all will outperform an Eheim 1250. A DDC has about 10ft of head pressure to the Eheim's 6ft (this is from memory) or so. If quiet is your concern, the DDC, preferably with a Petra's top or even and Alphacool top, is your pump of choice.

you can use a D5 to have a shower with! I just built a portable shower that runs off 12V using a D5! Wonderfull pressur!

Why? I live in a community where power or water or both go bye bye every storm, that and I do 1 month long camping/hiking trips :) A gel cell and a solar cell and I got pressurized water! 1m30s shower eats up 18L of water.

The original DDC produces about 12 feet of head.

Is the DDC3 intended to replace the DDC2? I haven't read much about this pump except that it's wimpier and perhaps a bit more reliable than the previous iteration.

Wow I am impressed. DC pumps have really come along way in the past year or two.

This pump is amazing! Koolance PMP-450 High-flow Pump

At 12v the no head flow is 1/5 less than the no head flow of the 1250 but max head is 19ft. while the 1250 is 6.5ftish. wow, just wow.

DC pumps are the way to go... the built in tachometer is 'kick assh'

Have there been any recent roundups of DC pumps lately?

XeonStrikeForce said:
FYI Thats an MCP655/D5 from Liang. The liang pumps rule so far, only superceeded by iwaki.

I checked out a few links.

PMP-450

The Koolance PMP-450 is a reliable high-flow pump with tachometer lead:

* Maximum Flow Rate: ~20L/min (5.3 gal/min)
* Maximum Head Pressure: 5.8m (19ft)
* Motor: Brushless DC, electronically commutated, spherical motor
* Expected Lifetime: 50,000 MTBF (5.9 years)
* Power Consumption: 23W@12V, 47W@24V
* Voltage Range: 8 to 24 VDC
* Startup Voltage: 9 to 13.2 VDC
* Maximum System Pressure: 3.5 kgf/cm2 (50 PSI)
* Maximum Temperature: 60°C (140°F)
* Electrical Connector: 3-pin fan header with tachometer speed signal
* Hose Connections: 13mm (1/2") ID hose barbs
* Weight: 862g (1.9lbs)

MCP655

Technical specifications

Nominal voltage 12 V DC
Operating voltage range 8 to 24 VDC
Nominal power (@ 12 V) 24 W
Nominal current (@ 12 V) 2 amps
Motor type Brushless, microprocessor controlled
Maximum head 10 ft (3.1 m)
Maximum discharge ~ 317 GPH (1200 LPH)
Connection size ½" barbs
Maximum pressure 50 PSI (3.5 BAR)
Temperature range 32 °F to 140°F (0 °C to 60 °C)
Electrical connector Molex 4 pin
Weight 1.4 LB (650 gr.)
Impeller Housing material Noryl®

_____

The reported max head is different along with the PMP-450 weighing .5LBs heavier. There is also the tach signal... but that has nothing to do with the pumps themselves. (I rly like the tach signal)

.5 pounds, eh? To me it sounds like they added some torque that bad boy to get the extra head.

Propaganda said:
(I rly like the tach signal)
The DDC's/MCP35x have this too.

The Koolance PMP-450 is a reliable high-flow pump with tachometer lead:

* Maximum Flow Rate: ~20L/min (5.3 gal/min)
* Maximum Head Pressure: 5.8m (19ft)
* Motor: Brushless DC, electronically commutated, spherical motor
* Expected Lifetime: 50,000 MTBF (5.9 years)
* Power Consumption: 23W@12V, 47W@24V
Koolance is not a particularly honest company, so be cautious. Notice the they give power consumption for both 12v and 24v, but only one value for all the other stats. They may be quoting max head and flow for 24v and MTBF for 12v.

Ya Koolance is giving total sh*t figures, you can safely ignore them, that pump IS a liang made MCP655 (Swiftech)/D5 (Dangerden)

It is powerfull and quiet and empties 18L through a shower head in 1.5 minutes at good solid pressur.

Only if the MCP655 had a tach signal. =(

I would like to avoid a Koolance branded item 'fo sho' but more than likely I will go with the PMP-450 just for the tach, well until Swifttech upgrades the 655.

Otter said:
The original DDC produces about 12 feet of head.

Is the DDC3 intended to replace the DDC2? I haven't read much about this pump except that it's wimpier and perhaps a bit more reliable than the previous iteration.

The DDC3.1 replaces the DDC. The DDC3.2 replaces the DDC-2.

Well feed the 12V via the molex plug as that pump draws 2Amps and will burn the header off the board. That and when you get it pop the back off and post picks of the pcb and I'll see if we can't mod any D5 to have a tack out.

XeonStrikeForce said:
Well feed the 12V via the molex plug as that pump draws 2Amps and will burn the header off the board. That and when you get it pop the back off and post picks of the pcb and I'll see if we can't mod any D5 to have a tack out.

Eh?

I think I was able to translate. :p

12v pumps with a tach output usually have a connector for the mobo with only the tach signal and a four-pin molex power connector.

Back