• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright Ultra-120 EXTREME ... your thoughts please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Anubis_386

I'm thinking of getting a Thermalright Ultra-120 EXTREME to replace my Tuniq (which is p*ssing the hell outa me cause of its mounting) ... I'm thinking I get a 2nd set of fan clips and stick two Scythe SFF21F fans (63.7CFM @ 28dBa) on ...

Anyone wanna chip in their opinions of the Ultra-120 Ex? How it performs? What the mounting for S775 is like ... stuff like that ..

Cheers :beer:

The extreme's mounting system has got some flaws too. After mounting the hs onto the board, you can literally turn it pretty much any direction you want with little or no effort what so ever. This doesnt mean that the HS isnt mounted correctly, but simply the mounting bracket thermalright provides is simply a cheap solution. My temps @ 3.0ghz have never gone over 35C with AC on with the extreme and I can play games for a good 4 hours at a time (when the ol' lady isnt around, that is).... Aside from the mounting bracket, its an awesome HS.

Back