• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Every found something you didnt know you had?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mpegger

Before I get into this, I have to admit that I have a very terrible memory when it comes to certain things, but not electronics. This one just baffles me though....

I was doing some cleaning some time ago, had a pile of old papers sitting in a corner of the closet, at the bottom of which I found a ABIT BE6 board still in the box. Now mind you, I have hardware still sitting around in various places throughout my room, from my very first computer (486DX 33), to all kinds of add-on cards. I can pretty much recall where every piece is, as well as which system(s) it was in with what hardware.

But for the life of me, I cant remember why I have this BE6 board, when I got it, or for what reason. I already have a BE6 board that I've used for a long, long time (might be dead now) so I never had use for a 2nd one before. Its baffling to me why I even have it in the first place. :shrug:

Anyone else ever had this happen to them? Buy a part, store it, only to find it way down the line and not even remember why you got it? :-/

This belongs in General (Computer Related) Discussion.

But, it seems I have the opposite problem. Things I thought I had always seem to disappear on me. For example, my spare IDE cables, the charger to my electric drill and saw (they take the same type of battery), etc. I still need that charger. :p

Doh. Didnt scroll down far enough to see that forum. Maybe a mod can move it?

LOl i kno whatcha mean... my uncle a while back gave me a bunch of his "junk hardware" (he is quite well off) anyways there was a BRAND new Evga 7600gt KO pcie gfx card in there along with 1gb (2x512mb) of ddr2 533mhz ram. i stored these 2 pieces of hardware away in an empy case and about 4 months later i was cleaning out the closet and WALLA holly crap THERE THEY are i had been lookin for them for a while, and it was just the find i needed to justify buying a E4300 and Ecs mobo combo from frys for a kick *** HTPC setup.

LOL i have also done the same thing with spare tools and a 320gb hd... i put them in my HUGE lian li v2000b for "safe storage" and the other day i REALLY needed the hd for a linux box i put together... and i couldnt find it worth a darn... and to be honest this thread reminded me of where it was lol!

But i have never had it to where it was like where in the world did i get this from and what for. lol

I found a 1gb flash drive from Dell still in the box. Turns out my wife didn't tell me it came it and she put it in the closet and didn't open the box or anything.

I found the intall CD for Warcraft II:Tides of Darkness while cleaning my room one day. It was still sealed in its little case. I have no idea where it came from. AFAIK none of my friends ever owned a copy of the game, and I never purchased it either. :shrug:

Not really, I usually keep good track of where I put everything I buy since I rarely buy anything. All my computer stuff is in it's little corner in my closet.

Although I was talking to my friend about his network troubles, and after convincing him that his mobo wasn't a PCI card. I remember a network card I had received from my mom for some reason. Pulled open my drawer found the network card I had gotten over a year ago.

hahah well apparently i have a whole computer that newegg shipped to me taht i never got because they say i didn't pay for a computer that i clearly did ... because i got charged twice for it

I have aproblem, I know I have something, but not where it is, when I eventually find it, I realise that I've modified it into something else:confused:

Mpegger said:
Before I get into this, I have to admit that I have a very terrible memory when it comes to certain things, but not electronics. This one just baffles me though....

I was doing some cleaning some time ago, had a pile of old papers sitting in a corner of the closet, at the bottom of which I found a ABIT BE6 board still in the box. Now mind you, I have hardware still sitting around in various places throughout my room, from my very first computer (486DX 33), to all kinds of add-on cards. I can pretty much recall where every piece is, as well as which system(s) it was in with what hardware.

But for the life of me, I cant remember why I have this BE6 board, when I got it, or for what reason. I already have a BE6 board that I've used for a long, long time (might be dead now) so I never had use for a 2nd one before. Its baffling to me why I even have it in the first place. :shrug:

Anyone else ever had this happen to them? Buy a part, store it, only to find it way down the line and not even remember why you got it? :-/

maybe you rma'd the board and then you bought a new mobo because you were too impatient, that's what happened to my friend. LOL

I went and found a k6-2.

I wish I would find stuff, I usually lose track of stuff when my cleaning lady moves it, but I know I have that stuff.

Last edited:
Back