• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New 0404 BIOS for P5K Deluxe is out.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
As far as i know, memory bandwidth has been improved a little.
yep running it now about 2~3% . There have been 2 relesed 0403 & 0404 P5K Deluxe Wifi AP Thread. post#372 & onwards
0404_RMMA.JPG

Even had to turn off that Asus boot logo
:) I always do that 1st on any mobo:D

Matrix raid always needs to be set up within xp. I have a small xp install on 1 of my data disks. This is very useful as if raid goes pear shaped or i want to rebuild i can do it all from this install, including restoring drive images using acronis.

which raid you tried intel or jmicron.??

Hmm....it actually dropped my bandwith a little for some reason.....
Could be because it changed my memory speed from 877 to 876:confused:

Before and after screens:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 80
Supershanks said:
:)Matrix raid always needs to be set up within xp.

How do I do that? But I already put the entire drive in RAID 0, can I strip it down and do Matrix? I only tried intel BTW.

@ stilleto: Thats wierd. Did you do atleast 3 runs?

Actually, I think that for some odd reason, when the ram/strap frequency changed from 877 to 876, the 1 mhz difference in speed of the ram was responsible for the small decrease...the percentages would make sense....what doesn't make sense is why the strap put it at 877 with 0311 and 876 with 0404....

Asus is weird.....but good.:attn:

Easiest way is to install xp on a drive that won't be used in the raid. install Intel Matrix Storage Manager in windows. Add your raid drives you can then set up your raid from that. no need to even use the bios raid configurator.

See bing's Enter The Matrix: thread if you need more info

@Stilletto - sorry can't help, it may be that the step positions have changed, to early to say i guess until we see what results others have had. all i know that i'm pretty happy in my little corner:) although i need some tweaking as orthos failed was 12hr stable on 0311.

Supershanks said:
:)
Matrix raid always needs to be set up within xp.

Thats not correct, as a matter of fact you dont even need to load the Intel raid software. I always set mine up in the bios just to make sure XP\Vista can see all the drives as I have them configured.

I don't think that raid set up like that can have 2 raid volumes as matrix features. I did that early on with my commando & it's just a single volume. It was only by using the above mrthod that i could put 2 volumes on the same set of drives. There isn't the ability to do that in the bios raid controller as far i'm aware.

Hmm I tryed this bios last night , cant oc as high . Not @ stable @ previous clocks and my FAH is runnings supper slow back to 3011 for me tonight

Back