• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best CPU Temp Software

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AngelfireUk83

Hi I am looking a piece of software that is close to accurate so I can see what temp my CPU is in while in Windows. My old Sk Athlon XP 2500+ was on a AOPEN motherboard and I was using there Silentek software but it seems there ain't any on my ECS motherboard disc.

So can anyone recommend 1?

AngelfireUk83 said:
Hi I am looking a piece of software that is close to accurate so I can see what temp my CPU is in while in Windows. My old Sk Athlon XP 2500+ was on a AOPEN motherboard and I was using there Silentek software but it seems there ain't any on my ECS motherboard disc.

So can anyone recommend 1?

I agree Core Temp seems to be the most accurate. Be advised there are two newer versions: v.94 and v.95. Some have had issues with v.95, some haven't. I did and went back to v.94.

Many have observed higher readings with Core Temp over other programs. I read 3 - 5 degrees C higher than any other program but I prefer the added cushion using Core Temp.

Everest Ultimate for xp is a very good program that gives you pretty much all the information you will ever need. you can also do stress tests :D

Back