• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Return of the E6300, new system, updated live.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ryanmartini

Hello fellow OcForumers!

I wanted to type up this small review of my new system, and I want to thank the members of OcForums for helping me out on this. First and foremost I want to say thank you to Moho for the Gigabyte DS3 rev1, nicely moded with mosfet heatsyncs, NB copper HS, thank SCORPIONlt1 for the AWESOME E6300 he sold me for 6$ above a new E4300 :Beer: , Id also like to thank Reefa_Madness for the 89$ deal on PC8500 ballistix, we’ll see those in action here just a bit.

Big thanks goes out to Seamadan000, Skeen, and G0dM@n for helping me out by buying some things I had for sale, fortunately right after I sold everything, I came into some good fortunes. [figures]

Gigabyte DS-3 Rev1:
Well at first look this is nothing special looking for a 965 mobo, right? Yeah just looking at it…. After taking a few minutes to find out how to use the overclocking options ctrl +f1, I went to work. After making sure it had the most current BIOS, which it did, Cheers Moho :beer: , I looked up some overclocks others had done, and here was my first stop. Settings were 1.328 vcore, stock on NB, 2.1V on the Ballistix pc8500 [stock V]. I had gotten up to 3ghz on stock V, but anything else to be 32mb stable needed a higer jump. This motherboard just is nice. 500fsb 1:1 with just a slight voltage raise, looks like that bong cooler I am making will be coming in handy soon to get the true numbers out of this system :D

oc1.jpg

And the Crucial just kept giving me bandwidth, I need to drop the fsb and make the ram do the ddr1250 its capable of, but right now I am just enjoying my new Conroe :)
NB +.1V, CPU 1.36V, DDR2 2.1V :

oc2.jpg

Netted a nice Super PI for a 2mb cache cpu:

http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l75/ryandamartini/?action=view&current=superpi.jpg

validation: http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc?id=210010

3dmark 03 / 06 up next on the new 8800gts :D Some might ask about a PSU. It is a Rosewill RP550. They were briefly manufactured by a nice oem company last year and I scooped one up, has a nice big 12V rail and never dips below 11.99 full load on 3dmark which ran in circles for 5 hours. Room was getting a tad too toasty from that.
Stay tuned!

update: I didnt have the money for a new scythe cooler, so I went with this:
P6180060Large.jpg

polished with clearkote metal polish with an abrassive foam hand pad. [Im a car detailer]

Last edited:
Peepaw said:
Ryan what kind of temps are you getting with that setup?

on the stock polished cooler, 50C load, 39 idle. well within the intel specifications. in a month or so when im back from college, itll be bong cooled, then ill have some more fun :D

internets acting up or something, cant get 06 to download from anywhere or anything for that matter, oh well... 03 looks pretty nice :D

ryanmartini said:
on the stock polished cooler, 50C load, 39 idle. well within the intel specifications. in a month or so when im back from college, itll be bong cooled, then ill have some more fun :D

internets acting up or something, cant get 06 to download from anywhere or anything for that matter, oh well... 03 looks pretty nice :D

I can't wait for you to jump off a cliff...

Peepaw said:
Nice temps for the clocks.
I'm running the same ram but I can't get it over 475, not stable anyway.:bang head

thats odd, they are rated for much higher, more v? is the cpu hitting the wall ? might try running 2.5x at 5-5-5-15 if your nearing their threshold

LilBuddy said:
I can't wait for you to jump off a cliff...

thanks ?

I got to say that's some sweet clocks. I never got much more than 3.2 out of it my self. and on a stock cooler nice job :beer:

i woulndt run 03... stick with 05/06, its more what others run when comparing rigs. some findings show that 03 favored was it amd? sorry i dont remember since i didnt touch 03.

damn.... i guess it was my CPU that was holding me back. I could never push 480FSB even with 1.5Vcore..
Either way, Nice to see it back in the action, and good luck with your build :)

Evilsizer said:
i woulndt run 03... stick with 05/06, its more what others run when comparing rigs. some findings show that 03 favored was it amd? sorry i dont remember since i didnt touch 03.

ill run 05 when I get up to FSU. Packed er' away for now :)

@ moho: hehe no worries man, its running solid now ! When I get my bong setup, Im gonna go for 550 fsb.

Back