• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU temps high for an E6600 @ 3.0 w/ XP-120?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rogue3092

I just built my first C2D setup, went pretty smoothly overall. However, it seems I am getting pretty high temps..about 56/57c load while running Orthos small FFTs. My vcore is @ 1.34 and I'm using a Thermalright XP-120 with an 80cfm Panaflo fan, with a Gigabyte P35-DQ6 mobo. It very well could be that the heatsink isn't making great contact, due to the northbridge cooling apparatus, but I wanted to run this by you guys first.

" It very well could be that the heatsink isn't making great contact, due to the northbridge cooling apparatus,"

Are they touching or something?:confused:

Peepaw said:
" It very well could be that the heatsink isn't making great contact, due to the northbridge cooling apparatus,"

Are they touching or something?:confused:

Yeah, basically - one corner of the cpu heatsink was bumping into the part of the nb heatsink. I hacked off that part of the NB heatsink and it seems better now, about a 4-5 degree drop.

Back