• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Compatible memory for DFI nf4 LP mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orwell84

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere. The search function gave me more info than I could handle.

Basically, I am looking to upgrade to 2 x 1G. Doesn't have to be blazing fast memory.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks for the help.

AMD 4000, DFI LP SLI_DR nf4, EVGA 7800GTX

you might get a better response if you stick this in the appropriate forum section
SOCKET 754/939/940 considering that 939 isnt that damn old.. lol

but pretty much anything 184pin DDR. i prefer pc4000(ddr500) or better, since it allows better overclocking headroom without running dividers
i wouldnt put anything less than pc3200(ddr400) in it though

Start with finding the attributes of the memory that you prefer (tighter timing or higher clocks), then zero in on the chips that best provide those attributes, then select the brand last, using customer service as a big criteria because if you ever need an RMA, that will surely come to play.

For 2x1GB modules and higher clocks, your best bet is something like the GSkills or OCZ PC4000s using Samsung UCCC or something Infineon based and for tighter timings, but lower memory clocks (uses dividers for the CPU), something with Infineon. You will need to do a little more reading on the Infineon chips because I can't remember off the top of my head which of the BE-5, BE-6, CE-5 or CE-6 does the tighter timing (but lower clocks) and which is better for higher clocks. The stuff used in the PC3200 usually will run the tighter clocks and the stuff used in the PC4000 is the higher clocking (brilliant, right? :D ).

For 2 x 512 sticks, anything that is Samsung TCCD based for high clocks or Winbond BH-5 / UTT for lower clocks at tight (2-2-2-5) timings.

Pick your poison from the linked list.

http://ramlist.ath.cx/ddr/

There is no other board that will get more from ram than that DFI, but be prepared to do your homework.

Last edited:
Back