• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Future computer? Good or Bad?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLCLFan

Im thinking about building a computer and i wanted to know if the parts i picked out are good or not.

• EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
  • OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI ATX12V v2.2 and EPS12V 850Watts Power Supply - Retail
  • Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail
  • Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AL1065 - Retail
Detailed list @ http://secure.newegg.com/NewVersion/wishlist/PublicWishDetail.asp?WishListNumber=7238187

Heres the case i want but i dont see it anywhere for sale yet. Anyways what do you think?

Those are good products alright. What did you have in mind for storage? Hard drives, optical drives, etc... I wont comment on the budget... It seems like a high dollar build, and so my only question is why not get a quad core?

Same question for video as well, what do you plan to run?

The PSU looks good and thats important, I have that same CPU and love the thing... its a champ, ram wont disapoint you either.

As for the case, thats your own business, do whatever makes you happiest. I find I like the clean lines and functionality of my Lian Li more than I like my big full tower I spent forever modding. Yeah it looks awesome, but anything will loose its appeal when you cant use all your drive bays.

You really need to tell us:
1) What do you want to do with this computer?
2) How much do you want to spend on it?
3) Do you want to overclock it? If so, how aggressively?

As far as cases, all I can say for sure is that I'd never buy a mid- to full tower case without 120mm fans (the case you're looking at has these). I would hate having a door between myself and my optical storage, but that's personal preference.

Sleepy_Steve said:
Those are good products alright. What did you have in mind for storage? Hard drives, optical drives, etc... I wont comment on the budget... It seems like a high dollar build, and so my only question is why not get a quad core?
I have a very small budget, i most likely wont be able to buy this for myself or maybe not at all. a dual core is all that i need. And i have a harddrive lying around to use. But if i build this computer for someone else it would have a blueray drive in it :)
Sleepy_Steve said:
Same question for video as well, what do you plan to run?
Most likely a GeForce 8. Does the geforce 8 support a 1080p output?
Sleepy_Steve said:
As for the case, thats your own business, do whatever makes you happiest. I find I like the clean lines and functionality of my Lian Li more than I like my big full tower I spent forever modding. Yeah it looks awesome, but anything will loose its appeal when you cant use all your drive bays.
What case would be the best choice to keep the inside cool (with window :))?

if i would overclock this it may just be to 2.8.

Last edited:
FLCLFan said:
I have a very small budget, i most likely wont be able to buy this for myself or maybe not at all. a dual core is all that i need. And i have a harddrive lying around to use. But if i build this computer for someone else it would have a blueray drive in it :)
OK

FLCLFan said:
Most likely a GeForce 8. Does the geforce 8 support a 1080p output?
I don't know. I dont follow graphics cards that closely. But you generally get what you pay for with a GPU, so just keep that in mind.

FLCLFan said:
What case would be the best choice to keep the inside cool (with window :))?
Lets see... Mid tower? Full tower? If you want absolute best... a Lian Li or Silverstone case of just about any size will not disapoint you. Very well designed, functional, and just awesome in general.

I have another question. Is the EVGA nForce 680i SLI 775 T1 Version better then the EVGA nForce 680i SLI 775 A1 Version, or vise versa?

Back