• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2gb (2 x 1gb) OCZ Platinum Rev2 DDR2-800mhz Cas 4-4-4-15, $79 shipped free (No MIR !)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sJetski

2gb (2 x 1gb) OCZ Platinum Rev2 DDR2-800mhz Cas 4-4-4-15, $79 shipped free (No MIR !)

Edit: price back at $79 again.

http://shop3.outpost.com/product/5008315

This deal has been posted at all of the major deal sites already so it won't be around for long. And yes prices on DDR2 are already on their way up again.

If you've been on the fence waiting for a deal on better DDR2 ram...well this is it, so quit hemmin and hawin and buy it already (you can thank me later! j/k) :D

Last edited:
:bang head
I ordered that ballstix ddr2-800 from newegg for 69.99 after MIR already.

I have a ocz platinum ddr kit and it works okay, and not to have to deal with a MIR would'a been worth the extra 10 IMO to get a ddr2 2gb kit.

Now that I got ddr2 on the way I have to decide on which platform and then the cpu/mobo/video. So far I'm leaning towards the amd.

EDIT: but then I have not ordered from outpost in years, so I might be better off with the order from the egg.

Last edited:
khurios2000 said:
same question, anybody confirm this kit has d9s?
A fella at anandtech researched them and believes they're Promos chips. From what little i've researched @ 3 websites a few people have them overclocked to DDR2-1000mhz @ 2v, CL 5-5-5-15. And two people have them overclocked to around DDR2-940~950mhz @ CL 4-4-4-15 which is pretty darn good if you ask me :)

should i buy this and hold onto b4 ddr2 prices go up? :D the ballistix have been the deal for me, but these are sexy sticks of ram...

g0dM@n said:
should i buy this and hold onto b4 ddr2 prices go up? :D the ballistix have been the deal for me, but these are sexy sticks of ram...
That's a definite yes, if you know you'll be needing it that is. If your rig can hold out for another year or so then you'll probably be looking at DDR3 instead ;)

Yep it looks like the price went up $5, still a good buy imho.

But there is a $35 MIR on that newegg deal and some people just hate to wait for a check in the mail...I on the other hand, am not one of those.

Good thing$$$ come to those that wait. :D

sJetski said:
That's a definite yes, if you know you'll be needing it that is. If your rig can hold out for another year or so then you'll probably be looking at DDR3 instead ;)

Yep it looks like the price went up $5, still a good buy imho.

g0dM@n is not talking about buying these and holding them until he upgrades his rig...he is talking about buying these and ADDING them to the already 30 or so 2 gig kits that he has been accumulating over the last 1-2 months.

And he calls me a ram junkie. :D

Reefa_Madness said:
g0dM@n is not talking about buying these and holding them until he upgrades his rig...he is talking about buying these and ADDING them to the already 30 or so 2 gig kits that he has been accumulating over the last 1-2 months.

Perfect! I will be buying a new system by October, which would mean that I will buy new RAM. And if g0dM@n decides to sell it on the classifieds... well, I trust him more than I trust newegg! :beer:

Reefa_Madness said:

Why are you telling everyone my plans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad:

ShadowPho said:
Perfect! I will be buying a new system by October, which would mean that I will buy new RAM. And if g0dM@n decides to sell it on the classifieds... well, I trust him more than I trust newegg! :beer:
In October when the RAM prices are $150 for a 2gig kit, I'll sell you one for $120, lol... but on a serious note that was a very friendly post. :) :beer: :beer:

Got a set of these. Running at 988 on a brand new (not really optomised) system. Thanks for the tip!

Edit: 2x494 is 988. Must be that new math.

Attachments

• bris.jpg
    bris.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 172
why are prices going up? is it b/c of ddr3 coming out? man.. i was hoping it would go even lower =[ haha not like its not already cheap enough

Back