• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Playing a game through proxy server?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oroka Sempai

A friend of mine has some friends what want to play Maple Story with here, but they get directed to the Europe servers since they recently stopped people joining the Global servers (atleast from europe).

Is there a way to play the game through a proxy server so they can get into the global servers, or atleast join the global?

In theory: easily. In practice, not so much. You could connect to a site using proxy from somewhere else, but....
1) Everything goes throught proxy = that proxy has full access to all the date. Means that password you sent to it to log in.
2) Proxies are slower.
3) A lot of times proxies are unsuspecting computers, in which case it would be illigal to use.

btw, my experience with Maple Story was that every second person uses hacks in one form or another.

it can actually be very easy. Do you have a good internet connection?

If so setup SSH on your computer, I assume your running windows? Then check out openssh for windows. Have them connect to your machien via putty, and have putty forward the ports they need, and then they will connect to maple story through your machine. I do this for my school, they block the ports of Unreal Tourney, so I just ssh/putty to my machine at home and bam.

http://www.buzzsurf.com/surfatwork/

Back