• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Repairing mobile phone charger

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RIPSTER

The phone end of my charger has been cut of, I want to resolder the end back on, I'm quite experienced when it comes to soldering so thats no problem but when I stripped some of the insulation there is also strands of fiber looks like nylon going alongside the metal. How do I go about resoldering this, do I just clear away the nylon strands and solder the metal?

thanks in advance

RIPSTER

The nylon thread was most likely just additional insulation. The wire is the important part. Glad to hear you repaired it.

- Jim

Interesting. I recently got a new phone and ended up losing it. I went back to my old phone. The charger was cut like that for a PC controlled node. I had to repair it again and find another PS for the node. Oh well.

Huh. Is it around the entire wire? I know that spools of cat5 and stuff have a few strands so when you cut end of the wire off you just pull the nylon thread and it helps expose the tip of the copper wire. Dunno why it would be on a phone charger though. Its always good when something goes right, that seems to be happening less and less for me.

Back