• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3.4ghz from E4400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorseal

Hows that?

looks purdy stable too, SuperPI came out nice

full load CPU temps were 45, peaked to 47

everest

volt is like 1.45 I think... i could probably get more, but I think this will suffice, unless I need it more :)

dang! what do you use for cooling? wish i could get 3.4 out of my 6400... have you tried running orthos at all for stability testing?

TT bigwater 735... aka POS

I haven't tried orthos, just superPI@32M

I want to bump it just a tad to see what will happen lol

well the 8500 I got doesn't really compliment the computer now lol

anyone wanna donate a 8800? :)

Totally give orthos a try if you got some spare time or stepping away from the PC for a bit. Very impressive OC'ing :thup:

Although I personally haven't read much on how well the 4400's OC it seems to be quite well indeed!

Once I go for 3.2ghz I need to push in over 1.4v and that just doesn't sit well with me. Besides undervolting my CPU right now I get temps of 33C idle 55C load :-/

sp33dball said:
dang! what do you use for cooling? wish i could get 3.4 out of my 6400... have you tried running orthos at all for stability testing?
Do you know about the fsb wall on those boards ?
try jumping to 400fsb

yeah, i stall at about 370ish... (375 now)

it won't boot if I try 380

anyways, when we look at temps, what do I report? the CPU, or core 1/2? ecause my cores are at ~45 but CPU is 35

Originally posted by ||Console|| Do you know about the fsb wall on those boards ?
try jumping to 400fsb

I haven't looked up the fsb wall much. Main reason for not pushing much past that is that I don't want temps over 60C I'll have to try it out.

I think I tried awhile ago don't remember getting a post, I'll try again.

ok, i stalled at 3.5

thats not too bad eh? :)

thing is, voltage is at 1.6, and thats a bit too high imo. idle is at 39 now, but the cores are at ~50, probably back down to 3.4

Last edited:
I stopped at 3.5... I mean I might get more if I want but man, 3.5 is plenty! and the temps are already a bit high.... maybe it'll just die on July 22nd, so I can go get a 6750 or something :D

Back