• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Another Commando OC Question / Problem with the Memory cant use my ......

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wizzard005

Aloha all,

For the past week i have been tring to OC my PC past 2.8Ghz. I think i have found what is the problem. I this its the ram not oc ing right.

Here is what i have

Asus Commando

Memory 2GB OCZ Reaper 4 4 4 15 2.1v

The only settings that seem to work are the auto settings, meaning the drop down, 677, 1050 etc. If i try to set it (Disable SPD) and make sure it says 4 4 4 15 the computer wont boot (post)

So that is where i am truck.

Any help would be great, I have a printout from tomshardware but some of the things it talks about i dont find in my bois

Set MCH 1.55 ? Not sure what that is
Oncrease SB VICH +0.1v from lowest value

Not sure if these two things matter to the ram not working for me.

Try one stick at a time, and force the one stick to run at the advertised speeds and voltage. If one of the sticks works like this and the other doesn't, then you just got a bum one, so RMA. Keep us updated.

Roisen said:
Try one stick at a time, and force the one stick to run at the advertised speeds and voltage. If one of the sticks works like this and the other doesn't, then you just got a bum one, so RMA. Keep us updated.

still same result. Out of the 4 Sticks I have, I cant force manually the settings they should be. Motherboard wont post.

Back