• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 8600GT: Crashing to desktop

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CRiMZ

Anyone else have a problem with this card? When I play Rainbow Six Vegas the game randomly crashes with no errors and brings me back to desktop. It's not overclocked and I don't think it's the PSU. I'm using a Corsair HX 620.

Latest drivers?
Reinstall the game.
Get the latest patch.
Make sure GPU and CPU are not Overheating.
Are you OC your CPU?
Latest DirectX9.0c?

UglyChild said:
Latest drivers?
Reinstall the game.

Yep

Get the latest patch.

Yeah but I hear the game is not being updated anymore.

Make sure GPU and CPU are not Overheating.

63C underload.

Are you OC your CPU?

Yeah it's OC to 3.0ghz but it's stable.

Latest DirectX9.0c?

Yup, June 2007 is the latest right?

Might just be the game. Oblivion runs fine.

I fresh installed windows twice and both times the game still crashed. At what gpu temp would a program crash?

CRiMZ said:
I fresh installed windows twice and both times the game still crashed. At what gpu temp would a program crash?
If it is only that game having a problem, it may have an issue with the drivers/etc...I doubt it is the GPU overheating.

Last edited:
I think it's software related too. Hopefully it's a driver issue and not R6V because Ubisoft stopped supporting it.

It's the drivers more than likely. I've had to work out some problems with them since I got my 8600GTS. Which Forceware are you using and what OS?

Back