• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Are these the right fittings for this Rad??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to this You're right on the money, but just to be xtra sure wait till one of the other guyz confirms.

# 2-pass, single row construction
# Brass body and tubes, louvered copper fins
# Optimized fin-density for maximum heat dissipation at low noise
# Patent-pending self-purging brass plenum chamber
# M3.5 threaded fan and case-mounting holes
# Slim form factor 11.2 x 5 x 1.3" (284 x 128 x 34mm)
# 1/4" NPSM threaded hubs <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is it ;)
# High-durability acrylic paint finish
# ROHS compliant

Nebulous said:
According to this You're right on the money, but just to be xtra sure wait till one of the other guyz confirms.

# 2-pass, single row construction
# Brass body and tubes, louvered copper fins
# Optimized fin-density for maximum heat dissipation at low noise
# Patent-pending self-purging brass plenum chamber
# M3.5 threaded fan and case-mounting holes
# Slim form factor 11.2 x 5 x 1.3" (284 x 128 x 34mm)
# 1/4" NPSM threaded hubs <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< This is it ;)
# High-durability acrylic paint finish
# ROHS compliant

Thank you :D I will do that :thup:

GigabyteME said:
Thank you :D I will do that :thup:
Just a suggestion. If you look at the ID of various 1/2" OD fittings you will a great variance. You want fittings with the largest ID possible. Those will not be plastic ones.

Thats funny because all of the plastic (polypropylene or nylon) fittings I own have a larger ID than the metal ones. I get mine through USPlastics. They all seem to be pretty close to the DD high flow in terms of sizing.

Swiftech said:
1/4" NPSM threaded hubs (BSPP and G1/4 compatible) for maximum compatibility with various tubing installations.

This is what Swiftech says you can use. Meaning that the swiftech (NPSM) or Danger den (G1/4) high flow barbs will work just fine with your system.

Another option if you're feeling adventurous would be to buy DD's perfect seal barbs and drill out the rather restrictive opening at the base of the barb (1/4" diameter = lameness, drilling it to 3/8" or more... much better).

I would never use plastic fitttings.
Any of the fittings shown on Petras site would probably work but take the guesswork out of it and give them a call. They always answer the phone and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Just because they're plastic doesn't mean that they're going to fail. Polypropylene and Nylon are very strong materials. Thermochill (who makes the best radiators) ships their radiators with plastic (poly) barbs.

Last edited:
Brolloks said:
The newegg specs for the MRC-220 is 3/8" NPT threaded hubs, completely wrong off course, that will throw people off...

these two sets will both fit the rad, the key is the G1/4" which is the threaded part:
http://www.petrastechshop.com/1np1odthhoba.html
the same as

http://www.petrastechshop.com/dhifig1th1od.html

except the one set is metal and other polypropylene
To bad none of them will work. Pretty much none of the barbs that works on a waterblock will work with that radiator. If this older rady the fittings will be 3/8npt, the newer rads come with g 1/4npsm. If this is new rady then g1/4 fittings will work. Now the questions is if newegg's description is accurate or not.

This is correct barb for swiftech rads
http://www.petrastechshop.com/3npodthhoba2.html

Last edited:
meionm said:
To bad none of them will work. Pretty much none of the barbs that works on a waterblock will work with that radiator.

This is correct barb for swiftech rads
http://www.petrastechshop.com/3np1odthhoba2.html

I think you missed this as quoted above...
Originally Posted by Swiftech
1/4" NPSM threaded hubs (BSPP and G1/4 compatible) for maximum compatibility with various tubing installations.

Brolloks said:
I think you missed this as quoted above...
Originally Posted by Swiftech
That's the size of fittings for radiators shipped in and after april 2007. Older ones were 3/8npt and new ones are 1/4npsm. If rady uses 3/8npt fittings, the g1/4 won't work. If e-retailer has wrong or good description for their product I can not say.

Back