• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Suggest me components to make me a watercooling setup under $230.00

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GigabyteME

Ive been looking around, and Im so confused, can anyone suggest some parts for me, to put a water cooling setup together for under $230.00. Im new to watercooling, and Im so lost. :-/

Let say that you would like to cool cpu ang gpu.

Swiftech Apoggee Gt $45,
Swiftech MCW60, $46
Swiftech Radiator Dual or Triple, $40 or $49
MaserKleer Tubing 10' $6
Clamps (local store) $7
Swiftech Hydrox $3
MCP355/DDC2 $70 or MCP655/D5 $80
Reservoir or T line, $20 or $2 for T line

Pricing pulled from www.jab-tech.com

If you look through this forum classifields you might some stuff cheaper.

Last edited:
I like most of that last too meionm.

Here's the list I generally give people on an extreme budget:

DTEK Whitewater: $30
Aqua X-treme MP-1 this is is supposedly the best GPU block out there, but not a lot of info can be found on it. $45
Via Aqua 1300 pump: $20
Swiftech MCR220 rad: $45
About 10' of masterkleer: $5
10 stainless hose barb clamps (get em at any hardware store): $5

That comes to: $145

You could swap out the via aqua for an MCP655 as well if you want to spend the money.

Both nice suggestions... I've been doing alot of reading last couple months, and those guys are giving you pretty solid suggestions on a budget.

However, I had a reservoir and a T-line, and I think I like having a T-line better... it just takes better planning... it's cheaper too by ~10x cheaper!

Well I will be cooling my cpu for right now. My video cards should be alright. I like what you put meionm Is this site trust worthy? I would hate for things to get mixed up. This will be my first watercooling setup, and I really need guidance through it. :-/

The barbs will work with that rad.

Jab-tech.com is good
petrastechshop.com (my personal favorite)
sidewindercomputers.com
xoxide.com
svc.com
frozencpu.com

are all pretty reliable sites

And if you don't get in a hurry and shop in the classies here you can get some good deals too. Over the last month or so I've gotten the following out of the classies:

Swiftech Storm Rev 2. - $35
Iwaki water pump - $65
dual 120 heatercore radiator - $25

All I lack now basically (since I bought some new tubing from Sidewinder) is a few nuts, springs and 6-32 all thread for waterblock and radiator mounts, which I can buy over at the local Lowes store. I still haven't decided whether I will use the dual 120 heatercore or just reuse my old single 120 rad I've been using for years. I guess it all depends on how much more work it will be to mount the dual rad in my case. This will be for an upgrade to C2D for an old socket 478 Northwood system.

muddocktor said:
And if you don't get in a hurry and shop in the classies here you can get some good deals too. Over the last month or so I've gotten the following out of the classies:

Swiftech Storm Rev 2. - $35
Iwaki water pump - $65
dual 120 heatercore radiator - $25

All I lack now basically (since I bought some new tubing from Sidewinder) is a few nuts, springs and 6-32 all thread for waterblock and radiator mounts, which I can buy over at the local Lowes store. I still haven't decided whether I will use the dual 120 heatercore or just reuse my old single 120 rad I've been using for years. I guess it all depends on how much more work it will be to mount the dual rad in my case. This will be for an upgrade to C2D for an old socket 478 Northwood system.

Mud has a great point. Shop the classifieds (assuming you have access and a legitmate e-mail account). There are always killer deals.

USED USED USED!

My first WC loop, (Whitewater, D4, Bonneville Heatercore, Maze4) was a mere $150, ran very well. I'm with muddocto, if you can get into the classifieds you will not be disappointed.

This site is VERY trustworthy, possibly the best classifieds around. We've got the highest safeguards so no trolls will get in.

The classifieds I'm referring to are the OCForums classifieds section. You need 101 quality posts (no spam), and an ISP e-mail. You then gain access, where other OCForums members buy and sell items.

i myself have been getting into the classies lately, ive had my account for some time (dec 2003 i think?) but never really posted, but now I'm having a blast watching peoples worklogs and stuff. i think I'm on here now more than anything else i do lol, but anyways as solidx said once you get the classifieds you will be satisfied on 98% if not 100% of your purchases/ sales.

I've never had anything but good experiences here on OCForums in the classifieds, SSS the troll hunter tends to help that experience greatly. You can build a reaaaaally high end loop for 230 bucks in the classifieds here.

Wow that is a great thing it will be outstanding, when I can buy some sweet used item for building and rebuilding my personal computing device. It has been too long since I have bought a grat used item. It will be a great day indeed.:thup:

Thank you for all your help guyes, I really appreciate it. I will look into the classifieds, see what I can find. I am still open for suggestions too. So keep em' posten. :p

WonderingSoul said:
I like most of that last too meionm.

Here's the list I generally give people on an extreme budget:

DTEK Whitewater: $30
Aqua X-treme MP-1 this is is supposedly the best GPU block out there, but not a lot of info can be found on it. $45
Via Aqua 1300 pump: $20
Swiftech MCR220 rad: $45
About 10' of masterkleer: $5
10 stainless hose barb clamps (get em at any hardware store): $5

That comes to: $145

You could swap out the via aqua for an MCP655 as well if you want to spend the money.

If you go for a setup like this get the Via Aqua 1800. I've found it to be a much better pump.

Also the classifieds are your friend.

Moto7451 said:
If you go for a setup like this get the Via Aqua 1800. I've found it to be a much better pump.

Also the classifieds are your friend.

Thank you, Ill take a look at it.

The via aqua pumps are seriously underlooked for their specifications/price. I wish I had the time and means to test them vs my MCP355 w/top :(

Back