• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Harry Potter for Wii

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Springbok

I picked this game up the other day, I had just read a terrible review but I tried it out at the store and it wasn't nearly as bad as they described. I've been playing it for a few days, and I actually got one of my Wii hating friends to admit that he liked it!

The premise of the game is relatively simple, it's a free roam RPG within the castle from the movie. As you roam around you meet different characters from the new movie and they give you quests to unlock rooms and further the story. If you haven't read the book yet, the game has a lot of spoilers, but the plot is chopped up into tiny little pieces and is rather incoherent. If you have read the book, the game is filled with things you'll recognize and plot references.

The Wii version is a graphically inferior version of the 360/PS3 games, but the way you use the wiimote more than makes up for the graphics. The graphics are slightly above Twilight Princess's, notably the textures are larger and more detailed. The audio in the game is just awesome, they got 22 of the child actors from the movie to do voices and most people will have something to say to you when you walk up to them.

Slytherin will often insult you, and you have the option of dueling them! You can pull your wand out and threaten anybody (even teachers, yes I went for Snape). You can attack other kids in school grounds that are bullying other students, first you have to throw a few Stupify's their way to stun them before you can finish them off with a disarm.

I actually had thought this didn't get all that bad of reviews...they said the virtual world was great, all put together from movie blueprints...but that the quests can get a little repetitive was the only real con.

I've read both good and bad reviews of the game. From what I've seen demoed at shows and stuff it looks pretty good.

I've also heard that there are no load times. Can you confirm this?

Finally an RPG and not "do-this-stupid-quest-and-then-this-puzzle-and-this-maze".
Blah, I beat HP1/2 and got burned out. In those games they stuck to the original story, which was really bad idea. If they would have done an RPG, that would have been cool.
Cool, I might have to try this out. Is there a PC version? :)

Back