• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC-V1000A PLUS II - Is this a perfect case?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FLCLFan

PC-V1000%20PLUS%20II-a.jpg

(i just copied the image from the product page :))

Case Site here
Case on Newegg

This case looks really good to me and i wanted to know if anyone has this case and if they had any problems with it, and if this is a perfect case for keeping everything cool and looking good at the same time. And i noticed the PSU and MB are switched. Whats the advantages of this?

Thanks!

a lot of people have this case, supposedly its great, i was considering buying this but then i built my wooden case instead.

For some reason I think I remember reading a very bad review of this case. Something about how at first glance the case LOOKS like a great case to build in, but in reality it has very poor layout, horrible wire management and poor cooling airflow despite the fans and ducts. It's possible I'm mistaking it for another case but I'm pretty sure it was this one.

Of course, that review might have been from a complete moron, so who knows?

It looks like a cheap case, yet it's a $220 one ;/ could be a good one, but it sure doesn't look like a $220 case :p

The case does look good to me. One of the only things i see massively flawed is that the PSU case does not fit all PSUs. Also, theres no reset button.

To me it looks like a nice, sturdy strong case and well design from the front but looking at the other pictures on Newegg inside of the case it kinda looks cheaply made inside of it. It should be a $160 case not a $200 one.

lenix said:
It looks like a cheap case, yet it's a $220 one ;/ could be a good one, but it sure doesn't look like a $220 case :p
Lian Li.. cheap?? Uhh...

The Case is Beautiful, and looks well Built.. I am not sure what makes you think it looks Cheap.

The last Lian-Li that I had, the PC-75, was an awesome case for a little while, but since I moved it in order to go lan parties and such it would take a little bit of abuse that normal cases can take. The case didn't hold up to well with being moved once every 1 or 2 months though. So if you're not going to be moving you computer at all then Lian-Li is perfect but from my experience they're not the most sturdiest cases you can find.

Lian LI makes the beset case out there.

Yeah, it wont fit all PSU's, and the once it will, youll have hard time with wire management. Get something a little bigger or the classic series.

I use that case in black [w/out the window]. I love it, and would buy another Lian-Li in a minute. I had to remove one of the harddrive cages to fit in my OCZ PSU, it was easy [2- 4 screws] and a known issue when I purchased it. The 120mm cooling fans are fantastic/quiet, and I get a bunch of compliments on the case itself.

I prefer some of the older lian li designs... The PC 65 and 75 designs were my favorites. The newer ones seemed to be trying to essentially fix something that was not broken. And from what I have heard... are not as sturdy as the older designs.

Was reading this thread and I just had to register and give my two cents...

I've had a black v1100 for over two years and have put three different sets of hardware in it, about to put in a fourth...this case exudes quality. The side panels are thick enough to cut a watermelon in half, you would need a sledge hammer to dent them, and I'm not making that up; the front door is just as thick. You can actually stand on this case even with wheels (locked of course :) )The outside does not have a visible scratch anywhere in over two years of use.

The inside of the case is just as quality, everything is very sturdy and riveted in. No flimsy aluminum inside at all, you would have to work real hard to bend anything inside. Absolutely no sharp edges, everything is rounded off. It has the best HDD rack I've seen in a case...uses a rail type system that locks the HDD firmly in place, great for quickly swapping HDDs. It's also pretty damned quiet.

Those who have said that the case looks cheap or not worth the money have never bought a Lian-Li or seen one in person. This case is a great investment and will last for a very long time.

Hi Oscrogo
Want to buy a LL and considering both 1100 and 1200, any thoughts one vs the other?

Not worth what they are charging. You are spending a lot of money for a name. Take a look at some of Cooler Master's new cases. They have some very nice ones for cheap!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010090007 50001333&bop=And&Order=PRICE

2 of my friends just got these and they are simply awsome for $25.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119115

I was actually thinking of replacing my Antec 900 with this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119137

It is a steal of a price. I was really susprised with the cases above for $25. I expected them to be very shotty but they were acutally made very well. I usually don't spend less that $100 on a case but I would consider buying either one above.

LL cases are awesome don't get me wrong but I feel most of them are over priced.

Back