• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bluetooth Headset not loud enough, can I fix that?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

soundfx4

I have this bluetooth headset that just simply isn't loud enough for me, and I'd like to fix that problem, but I don't know how I could. I did some reading about headphones, but it didn't really help me much in figuring out what I needed to do. I'm hoping that someone around here has done something like that before or at least knows what I would have to do to increase the volume to this headset. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know, half the time I have to take the headset off my ear just so I can hear who I'm talking too, and that defeats the purpose.

And if making the phone volume louder is an option I'm all for that too, just however I can get this bluetooth headset loud enough to were I can actually use it :p

Btw, my dad had this same problem so he got the most expensive bluetooth headset out there made by jabra and it didn't really get much better, so I'm probably not going to find another one that is better.

Thanks!

Two ways to make a headset louder:

Raise the input volume. If it is plugged into a computer or receiver, turn up on the volume on the output side.

Change the amp on the headset.

i just switched to a cardo scala brand headset, and WOW i leave this thing on the 2nd setting out of 10 even when im riding in my car (mustang with a decently loud exhaust)

MOD TIME!!!! hook it up to a car battery, that should do something. If not make it louder youve atleast got yourself a nice fireworks display.

I have not used any bluetooth headset for a mobile phone that has been any good. They work just like a speakerphone and a cheap one at that where they cut in and out too soon, sound like you're in a tin can etc.... If anybody knows of a decent one, then I'd like to give it a try as long s it's returnable.

FudgeNuggets said:
I have not used any bluetooth headset for a mobile phone that has been any good. They work just like a speakerphone and a cheap one at that where they cut in and out too soon, sound like you're in a tin can etc.... If anybody knows of a decent one, then I'd like to give it a try as long s it's returnable.

haha, that's exactly how I feel. I think the biggest problem is that the mic is never close to your mouth. I can fix that with a very simple mod :p but the volume problem is just insane! I would like to fix this earpeice up somehow because I'd like to give it to my cousin (just got a bluetooth phone) but I don't want to give him a POS earpeice.

Xenocide, I'm actually wanting to mod this headset, but it would be a lot easier to buy a new one :D I'll look into that headset you say you use, it can't hurt to at least try it.

thideras said:
Two ways to make a headset louder:

Raise the input volume. If it is plugged into a computer or receiver, turn up on the volume on the output side.

Change the amp on the headset.

Do you by chance know if there are any software hacks for the Razr phone to raise the volume? Because that would probably do the trick.

freakdiablo said:
MOD TIME!!!! hook it up to a car battery, that should do something. If not make it louder youve atleast got yourself a nice fireworks display.

lol, I do like fireworks :p

Back