• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Micron D9 PC6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I looked at that list. Everything I've read says D9 is the only way to go, but what about the letters after D9.

Ex:
Micron D9CRZ (BT-37E)
Micron D9GMH (B6-3)
Micron D9DQT (BT-3)

What is the difference between these chips, and which one's are the best?

I'm torn between the G.Skill HZ's and the Crucial Ballistix. After the MIR the HZs are almost twice as much as the Ballistix (on newegg). Are the HZs that much better than the Ballistix?

According to the ram list they might be using the same I/C (D9GMH) so, the answer is no.

nope.they both use d9gmh ics and will clock about the same.save your money and get the ballistix while you can.
lol you beat me to it Dudley! :D

LutaWicasa said:
Do bear in mind that a company's implementation of the same ICs can have an impact on performance ;)

For the difference in price I'd be willing to take the "chance".

Ballistix purchased!

My 1st step toward building my new rig!

I just can't see a better deal on RAM happening in the next 2 months with the prices going up like they are. I hope I'm right.

Just to be sure...these are the one's to get, right?

jason4207 said:
Ballistix purchased!

My 1st step toward building my new rig!

I just can't see a better deal on RAM happening in the next 2 months with the prices going up like they are. I hope I'm right.

The first thing I bought was the ram and it was Ballistix 8000. "Had" to buy a set of Ballistix 8500 last week because of the prices going up.

Back