• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 Gb Sticks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdaddysky

Registered
Hi everyone just a small question. Do the memory manufacturers make 2 gig sticks of memory i see a lot of 2 x 1gig but no 2 x 2gig.
Thanks

People used to say the larger the memory module the lower the O/C.

I don't know if that applies to DDR2 though but, I haven't seen many people running 2X2gig.

Just looking at those timings on the 2x2GB sticks you have to pay a pretty penny to get spd timings that match what 2x1GB sticks can do.

Kool I was just wondering if there actually were 2 gig sticks because i was checking around up here in Canada and i haven't found much.
So would 2 x 1 gig sticks be better for OCing?
Wow that is a pretty penny for the 2 x 2 gig modules.
Anyone have any ideas about Brolloks question because i would like to know also?
Thanks

Assuming your MoBo doesn't have a problem running 4 sticks then I'd say 4x1GB sticks is better than 2x2GB sticks based upon the better timings and speed that the 1GB sticks can do. Not to mention price difference. You need to research your MoBo, though, b/c I've heard that some don't like 4 sticks at all.

BTW...I still think 4GB is overkill. I've never been using more than 2GB at once when I check Task Manager.

had anyone done any OC or benchmark reviews on 2x2 vs 4x1?? link would be nice.:D

bigdaddysky said:
Hi everyone just a small question. Do the memory manufacturers make 2 gig sticks of memory i see a lot of 2 x 1gig but no 2 x 2gig.
Thanks

I just bought a 2gb stick of G.Skill for $100 over at newegg for my laptop :attn:

Well for the mobo on my new system i was thinking going with the Asus P5N32-E, but there hasn't been any good things about the new NForce boards yet so with that being said its a toss up between that board and the old reliable Asus P5B Deluxe.
Has anyone had issues with 4 x 1 gig modules on anyof these 2 boards.
I was thinking 4 gigs for memory beause I wanted to run vista as flawless as possible.
Thanks

jason4207 said:
I think you'll have better luck running 4 sticks in a P35 chipset board.

That's what I'm doing. 4x1GB with a P5K-Deluxe. Works fine but, I haven't really started tweaking it yet.

bigdaddysky said:
Thanks but I was told I should change it before I get banned, But i was fun while it lasted.

I was surprised that you had it as long as you did.

Back