• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HP w2207 @ CC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sportwarrior

Hey fellas... CC is running a sale on the HP w2207... $50 off, making it $330. Throw in a coupon and i may get it down to $290-$300 before tax.

The question is, is the monitor worth it? It looks amazing in store, and I've heard some great things about it here, but I also know my other choice is the Sammy 226bw, a pretty good monitor that a lot of people love. Can anyone weigh in on this? I'm pretty sure I'm headed to CC to pick one of these two up tomorrow, and right now I'm leaning heavily toward the HP. Any advice/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

bcham said:
i have the hp w2007v great monitor ,

Yeah, it's the first LCD that I've seen in store that really wowed me... And I mean a big Wow. I loved the glossy screen, and the colors just seemed vibrant and rich.

That being said, I trust that it's a decent gaming monitor? I notice that the response timing is 5ns as opposed to 2 on the Sammy... I don't play many FPSs, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal either way, but I try not to limit my options when making a purchase.

Any other opinions? I won't be picking this guy up until 5 or 6ish today..

Sportwarrior said:
Yeah, it's the first LCD that I've seen in store that really wowed me... And I mean a big Wow. I loved the glossy screen, and the colors just seemed vibrant and rich.

That being said, I trust that it's a decent gaming monitor? I notice that the response timing is 5ns as opposed to 2 on the Sammy... I don't play many FPSs, so it shouldn't be that big of a deal either way, but I try not to limit my options when making a purchase.

Any other opinions? I won't be picking this guy up until 5 or 6ish today..
i have no ghosting issues,but i never had any on my old ace 19" 12ns,i game at 1680x1050 res ,with 8800gts 320mb,buy it,you wont regret it,:beer:

I grabbed this for $290 months ago and I absolutely love it, i think its the best monitor out aside from the s-pva and s-ips panels.

I get no ghosting, colors are vibrant and precise and its pretty much perfect out of the box, you'll need to grab a DVI cable though.

im gonna tell you to jump on that thing now, cause its already discontinued and it will be increasingly hard to get your hands on it in the coming weeks/months. I also was wowed the moment i took it out of the box to demo it, and im not really that impressed with the 22" screens. i dunno why, but the gloss makes this one look so much better than competing screens.
It is however so much more expensive too. We had the acer next to it and honestly, it looked pretty good for general tasks too and its a lot cheaper.
Im using a hp f2107 and ill definatly attest to out of the box performence. I still use that one at out of box settings, although slightly dimmed cause its a 500cd monitor which is just way too bright. my lcdtv is that bright ha ha.

If you can get it for a steal, its a very very nice display, but i dont know why they bothered with the swivel on the screen. 22's arent particularly good on the vertical viewing angle, and you have to look strait at it in portrait mode heh.

So I picked up the monitor, and so far I like it quite a bit...

but...

I can't seem to find the sweet spot of color reproduction that they had in the stores. The colors here at home seem a tad washed out, something I was hoping to avoid. The color calibration program included doesn't seem to do much, and I'd like to avoid picking up Spyder2Express for $69... Does anyone have any calibration settings that they can relay? I've scoured the net and can't seem to find any.

If my second one (first one had a few dead subpixels) hadn't had backlight bleeding at the top and bottom I'd still have it probably. It's a good 22"er.

As for the colors, yea it's going to be hard to reproduce the 'store look' with their flourescent lighting. I never found the colors to be 'washed out' though but on certain solid color websites there was a difference in brightness from top to bottom, but in just about any kind of image or gaming it was fine.

Here's one link of many that allows you to eyeball brightness and color settings: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102067 try google for more perhaps.

alot depends on the video card you have also...

and the software is garbage, I used the nvidia settings with good results but out of the box on my 8800gtx was just fine.

Sportwarrior said:
So I picked up the monitor, and so far I like it quite a bit...

but...

I can't seem to find the sweet spot of color reproduction that they had in the stores. The colors here at home seem a tad washed out, something I was hoping to avoid. The color calibration program included doesn't seem to do much, and I'd like to avoid picking up Spyder2Express for $69... Does anyone have any calibration settings that they can relay? I've scoured the net and can't seem to find any.
go to nvidia controll panal and change your desktop color settings there,
i have brightness 46% ditigital vibrance +11 contrast +44 gamma+4
normqal screen settings to factory default

Back