• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

37" Westinghouse LCD 1080P 37w3 (Refurb)- $674.99 + shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Received my tv today. Shipped very quickly. It's in tip top shape, only 1 dead pixel and it came with a new remote. I can't complain for the price. OC Forums never looked so big. So far I'm satisfied. I think this is the SE model since it only has one DVI connection instead of two.

You should have joined the eCOST platinum club for $39.99, in itself its not something you would join, but on the $721 you spent, would have saved $5 and you would get any item ordered there shipped for free for a year.

PS, Enjoy the LCD :)

Silversinksam said:
You should have joined the eCOST platinum club for $39.99, in itself its not something you would join, but on the $721 you spent, would have saved $5 and you would get any item ordered there shipped for free for a year.

I will.

Anyone know of 1080p upconverting computer software to play DVDs in HD? Is it even possible without upconverting hardware? Also what software do people use to try and shake out stuck pixels?

HousERaT said:
I will.

Anyone know of 1080p upconverting computer software to play DVDs in HD? Is it even possible without upconverting hardware? Also what software do people use to try and shake out stuck pixels?

FFDshow is what most people use for the best upscaling results, though it can be tricky to set up, and you need a good cpu to run it smoothly.

Mr. Roboto said:
FFDshow is what most people use for the best upscaling results, though it can be tricky to set up, and you need a good cpu to run it smoothly.
Well the computer this TV monitor is hooked up to is a A64 4000+ running at an even 3Ghz with 2gigs of memory. Think that will be enough power? I'll search for that program. Thanks.

HousERaT said:
Well the computer this TV monitor is hooked up to is a A64 4000+ running at an even 3Ghz with 2gigs of memory. Think that will be enough power? I'll search for that program. Thanks.

Yeah, that should be fine. Google some guides for setting it up correctly, because once it's done right, the results can be quite nice. Sorry I can't be of more help, I don't personally use it. I just use the purevideo decoder and the results are fine on my htpc, but my tv is only 1366 x 768.

MadMan007 said:
What's this about 'se' edition exactly? Got any links to specs pages?

It's in here somewhere. :)

LVM-37w3se
Brightness 500 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 1200:1
1 DVI port

LVM-37w3
Brightness 550 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 1000:1
2 DVI ports

Silversinksam said:

i think there is a weight limit on the free shipping... i could be wrong...

HousERaT said:
Well I finally bit on one of these.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?EDP=37623076&Source=EWB070307A

Mine came to $721+ with shipping. I'll let you know how it goes.
I'm so happy for you, and SO ****ED for me... I can't believe I missed this by NOT EVEN A WEEK. I ordered the Vizio 37" refurb from buy.com for $557.99 shipped... I ordered a second Vizio for my brother since I liked it so much, and I would have rather ordered this and given him the Vizio I have...

for that extra $150, it def would have been worth it... oh well... I'll live. The Vizio 37" I got is definitely something I'm happy with... I've no complaints about it except that it woulda been worth another $150 to get this.

g0dM@n said:
for that extra $150, it def would have been worth it... oh well... I'll live. The Vizio 37" I got is definitely something I'm happy with... I've no complaints about it except that it woulda been worth another $150 to get this.

Solution: Order this and sell the Vizio. :)

aaronjb said:
Solution: Order this and sell the Vizio. :)
i'm not sure how much i could get for it... i'd have to sell locally, and i'm not sure how easily i could find a buyer.

oh well... i'll just save up more $$... already bought my 1st laptop yesterday... Dell Vostro 1500... which is rather nice b/c of that 8400M GS video. :D

g0dM@n said:
i'm not sure how much i could get for it... i'd have to sell locally, and i'm not sure how easily i could find a buyer.

You can always sell on Craig's List 8) I'm to the feeling now that every person selling/buying on Craig's list is at least a little unsavory.

Back