• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Weird Trp timing problem...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

amd64oc

Hello everyone,

I have recently bought some Mushkin XP4000 Redlines and I am having a strange issue now. They have the Aeneon chips on them. I have searched for proper timings for these particular chips and modules and they all seem to work fine in Windows using A64Tweaker. The problem I am having is that when I set the timings in the BIOS the Trp timing is reported as 0 in Windows even though I set 2 in the BIOS. Both CPU-Z and A64Tweaker confirm this. When I boot though, the initial display screen shows the timings correctly.

Due to this issue I am not able to boot into Windows with the ram set to it's full speed of 250Mhz. I have to boot up with the memory running slower and then speed it up once I change the Trp timing to 2.

Does anyone have any thoughts or help on why this is happening? This is really confusing me.

Back